Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place - Retail District - Convention Center) Renaissance Seattle Hotel

absoliute
By absoliute,
in

Hi, I'm new to price bidding but have read a lot of threads and think I have most of it down.

I'm looking to stay in 4* in Pike Place - Retail District - Convention Center from 4/29/15-5/2/15 and the purpose of the trip is just a sightseeing vacation.

My rebidding would go as:

Downtown Pike Place 5*

Bellevue South 3.5*

Bothell 3*

Everett North 3*

Everett South 3*

Kent 2.5*

Lynnwood 3*

North Seattle 2.5*

Redmond 3.5*

SeaTac 3.5*

Tukwila 3*

Univ of Washington 3.5*

I'm trying not to spend over $130 a night.  Using PRICELINE EXPRESS, the lowest avg price per night for a 4* in Pike Place is $146.

My main question is what is the formula to start my minimum bidding?  I started very conservatively at 80$ and went up in increments of $3 up to $89 so far.  I just want make sure I'm not wasting too many bids.

Thanks!

My rebidding would go as:

Downtown Pike Place 5*

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To clarify, are you bidding 5* or 4*... you mention 4 star in your topic title and reference PRICELINE EXPRESS rates at the 4 star level, but it looks like you were bidding 5 stars in the bidding above (or was that just a typo)? If the above is correct, what what point did you lower to 4 star?

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your current bidding is about a 40% discount to the PRICELINE EXPRESS rate, and while you can often get discounts this much vs. regular retail rates, the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals are 'opaque' as well, so your bidding is a bit too lower, and you'll likely need to be closer to the upper end of your bidding range (and even $130 may not be enough).

If you're willing to bid up to $130 at this point in time, you can try:

Using your ELEVEN re-bid zones at the 4* level...

Select 4* Pike Place...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]