Priceline Hotel: Seattle hotel.

cntrfieldsmom
By cntrfieldsmom,
in

Depends on the purpose of your trip I guess.  We went last summer and stayed at the Sheraton in Pike Place.  Pike Place is most centrally located IMO.  Financial district is close to the ball park but if you're going for a ball game its only a short train ride on public transit from Pike Place.  I found Space Needle area to not be as accessible to public transit as Pike Place was.  

mt99808,

Can you please follow-up your previous Priceline Chicago thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip. Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Thanks.

cntrfieldsmom,

I agree wit the above that the Pike Place zone is the most ideal, but i think you also want to be west of Rte 5... it may be a situation where PRICELINE EXPRESS (or HOTWIRE) is a better option to ensure the best location, since you will likely want to walk to most sights.

Also, note that mass transit is free within a certain area of 'downtown', so it makes it easy to get around by hopping on/off the bus as needed.

For your dates above is your check-out 6/20 (a 2 nite stay) or 6/21 (a 3 nite stay)?

What is your target budget and desired star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

Thanks for your reply.

It is a 3 night stay. The correct dates are June 19,20 and 21.  We may have to venture further away from Dwtn as the prices on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS deals are $300 minimum... and this is an add on weekend to our trip to Alaska.  

Maybe I can find out how far the bus goes out of Dwtn. from the Seattle transit website.

I understand this is high season for Seattle.  I'd like something 100-200. With this trip,as far as stars..... as long as it's safe and clean I'm ok with less stars.

Thanks again.

The mass transit system in Seattle is 'pretty good', but it's not part of the free service that i referenced above. I know most points in Bellevue have bus service to Downtown (and there is a major bus depot in the 'downtown' business district), but it's not something i would want to have to adjust my vacation schedule to use for a 3 day trip.

Also, there is now a light rail that connects the Airport to Downtown... but then you'll have also have to deal with the hotel shuttle to the airport, the lightrail to downtown, and the return. It would likely be OK for a one nite stay, but again, not something you may be willing to put up with for 3 nites (as although it looks good on paper, the wait time for the hotel shuttle and the lightrail begins to add up since neither run 'on demand' at the moment you show up)

If you can temporarily stretch your budget a bit using our sister site RefundableRates.com i found the La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $219/nite which gets decent reviews.

You could book this as a back-up, then sign up with RateDrop to get alerts should any Downtown hotels for your dates drop in price to $200 or less.

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The idea would be to book something thru RefundableRates.com (as this also takes off some of the pressure to win something right away)... then while you're awaiting alerts from RateDrop, try bidding to beat the refundable rate. (and if/when you do get an alert from RateDrop, it would be a good time to try your bidding again asap OR take the alert offer if it seems like a good enough deal)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress or let us know how we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]