Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal (Montreal Downtown - Financial District) Hotel Bonaventure Montreal

Geoffrey123
By Geoffrey123,
in

You can see a discussion of purchase timing here: FAQ. There is no way to know, it really depends on a host of different factors.

If you need assistance with your stay, please provide date/s of travel, desired budget per night and acceptable zone/s.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

great question I was going to ask the same and i'm going in July.

If I can hijack the thread or maybe be a test i'd love some help on bidding and I can share my results

I'm looking at 4 star west downtown or 4 star old montreal

looking to bid between $80-$120

Would love some help and hope it's ok to post here.  I was just researching this very topic.

Geoffrey123,

Your rejected bid can also help other users to let them know what hasn't worked. :)

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your desired star rating, which zones (by PRICELINE name) are acceptable, and your maximum bid amount.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello, I started bidding for dates Oct. 10-12, 2015 and without success. Am looking specifically for a 4 star hotel in Old Montreal/Convention Center area (the Westin or Intercontinental are the usual 4 star properties for this area, which are both great hotels). Started bidding at $71 and did $5 increments up to $91, all rejected. Bidding for a 4 star in Montreal is easy because there are so many rebid areas without with 4 star properties (Anjou, Brossard, Dorval, Laval, Longeuil, Midtown, Latin Quarter, and Pointe Claire). I think if I switched areas, say to the financial center, I'd get something at these rates for a holiday weekend, but that area is no where near as nice as the Old City, which is where I want to be. 

At current rates i think you're going to need to bid somewhat higher to be successful... likely in the $110-$125 range.

What is your maximum bid at this point in time?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I continue to bid...decided to try for some other in-town areas, bid up to $96 for a 4.5 star in the financial district, and a 4 star in both the festival area and financial district with no luck. I was trying to avoid going over $100 per night, but will probably need to pay about $120 for a 4 star. Does anyone know what kind of 3.5 star properties are in these areas now? I know they built a Marriott Courtyard, or something like that, in or near the festival area. Plenty of time so I'm not rushing on this. Will continue to report back and use the better bidding PRICELINE link.   

• 4 months later...

Started bidding today after not bidding for awhile. I had originally wanted a 4 star in the convention center area. Started that bidding at $111 and rebid all the way up to $133 using the 8 free rebid zones. Then at the end and partly out of desperation I rebid in another part of town that also has 4 star properties. Lowered bid to $119 for the Festival area, failed, and then rebid in the Financial area for the same price and got this property. I didn't think I would get it, and my immediate response was "oh s!!!" and my temperature rose. I know I probably could have gotten it for less, so I'm kicking myself, but oh well. My patience was/is dwindling in this search. I checked the website and rooms are going for about $180 or so and the discount sites have rates around $140. Still, the location is good, it's close to my favorite breakfast spot at the Fairmount Queen Elizabeth, and it not that far from the old city, Notre Dame, etc.  It's probably a better location for me. Now I just need to find parking outside of the hotel. I used to park under the convention center when staying at the Westin. Does anyone know of decent and cheap weekend parking garages near this property?   Thanks. 

Sorry to hear that the result wasn't exactly what you were hoping for, but good deal and glad the hotel will still work out okay for your travel plans. Hopefully those familiar with the area can offer thoughts on local parking.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]