Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Rockford Extended Stay America - Rockford - State Street

Chris Conklin
By Chris Conklin,
in

Needed a room quickly last night

$43 listed price - $54.70 with taxes and Hotwire fees.

The 2.5* listing on Hotwire only listed Free Parking as an amenity on the mobile site, but the 90% Hotwire recommended rating and my deep-deep desire to shower and sleep after 40 hours of international flying prompted me to pull-the-trigger.  I was disheartened to get the Extended Stay America, but this is nothing like the dump of the same name I stayed at in Rockford 6-8 years ago:

Hotwire shows Extended Stay America - Rockford - State Street, 747 N. Bell School Road, Rockford, IL 61107 with:

• Free parking
  • Free breakfast
  • Free Internet
  • Pet friendly
  • Fitness center
  • Self-service laundry
  • Internet access
While basic, it was clean and fairly quiet room.  Towels were fairly thin, but not surprising for a weekly-type of place (or one for <$50).  TV is a modern LCD, but all the in-building modulators are analog - so nothing is in the correct aspect ratio.  CNN, CNN Headline, Fox News, 2-3 ESPNs, and 3 Showtime channels.  Couch was comfortable.  Bed was queen, comfortable but not luxurious.  This deserves a 2.5 star rating - and is just fine for a place to shower and get a night's sleep.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]