Priceline Hotel: Portland Downtown 4/11 - 4/12 4* help

jraaum
By jraaum,
in

It's worth trying at lower levels, but I think ultimately, unfortunately it's likely going to take towards the higher end of your budget given the rates I'm seeing. I'd continue to move higher by $5's.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Are you familiar with, and using, your re-bid zones? If not, see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your help, using the rebid zones and the Priceline link you've provided, I have gone up by $5, and have gone up to $150/night and still can't get my offer accepted.  Is there something going on in Portland that weekend?  I'm surprised at the rate, considering it looks like past betterbidding users can get deals well under $100 in the same zone and same star level.

I guess I'll continue my search, using the Priceline link.  Thank you for your help!

I'm not sure how big any of one of these are, but i see three different conferences taking place over these dates:

Oregon Dental Association: 2015 Oregon Dental Conference (this one seems to be the biggest of the three)

Oregon FBLA State Leadership Conference

St. Mary's Academy Auction 2015

If you search our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (5 miles of Portland, OR) and filter to only show 4* and above hotels, you'll see the least expensive 4* or better int his zone is $215/nite (and is in the southernmost section of the zone)... so even if not the events above, something is happening to drive up demand/prices.

With the above noted, PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel offered for $190/nite which i believe is likely the Hotel Deluxe... a 3.5* for $140/nite i suspect is the Hotel Rose.

Any of the above of interest?

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is a long shot, but depending upon the specifics of your visit, maybe staying at the Cascade Station area could work?  If you search MAPS and HOTELS.com mentioned above, using "cascade station, portland" and a 1 mile radius, you will see several hotels under $150.  Including the well-rated Aloft.  

From Cascade Station to downtown Portland is about a 20 minute ride on the light rail.  

Romelle

Looks like the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal is at $190.  You could likely get a room for about $170, now.  The hotel is likely the Kimpton Monaco.

I just went through this same problem with Portland.  I was trying for weeks and the prices just weren't dropping.  The Express Deal price was sticking around the $230 mark.

Two days before my stay, the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal dropped to $190.  The day before my stay, it dropped to $179.

I bid $150 and got the Kimpton Monaco, which was a fabulous hotel.

Since you are only staying one night, you might want to hold off until just before your stay.  You can get a great deal then.  Always look at the Express Deals first, to see if there is anything available and price.  The prices fluctuate daily.  You can sometimes bid for the same room with a lower price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]