Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Arlington) Hyatt Arlington

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello,

I have to be in Arlington, VA (near the Ballston Metro area) between March 22 - March 24.
I need a 1 room at the 3* or 3.5*level,  at a maximum budget of $100/per night.

For the past three days, I have been trying to get a 3.0* or 3.5* hotel, bidding from $65 to $85, exhausting all rebid zones but failed.

As I have done before, I wouldn't mind staying in the DC area itself - but wanted to check if there are other alternate bidding strategies available?

Should I just keep increasing my bids until I hit my max?

Thanks - Noela

I'm seeing considerably high rates in Arlington for these dates on Hot.wire, so my worry is that $100 is not going to be realistic for these dates on Hot.wire. Nearby Tyson's Corner seems moderately better in comparison, with Hot.wire showing a 3.5* for $108 (you may see a slightly different rate) w/Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Kitchenette, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.

This would be a possible match for the Embassy Suites Tyson's Corner. While unfortunately a bit above your desired max, free breakfast and evening reception (as well as larger room) are added values in this case.

Would this be of any interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks very much Aaron, for your useful advice.  I followed it, and was about to pull the trigger, but then decided that I should at least give my preferred area a try and bid to $100 for a 3* or 3.5* before settling for Tyson's corner.

So, I used the Price.line travel link available here, and bid  $90.  I was shocked that it was accepted for the Hyatt Arlington, a 4* no less.

And it is merely one or two Metro stops away from the Westin Arlington, where my event is being helod ....

Doing the happy dance:  Here are the details:

Deal type: Name Your Own Price

Offer price: $90.00 /night

Number of rooms: 1 room

Number of nights: 2 nights

Room subtotal: $180.00

Taxes & fees: $37.02

Total charged today: $217.02

Total charged: $217.02

Paid in full

Savings: You saved 67%*

Thanks again for all your support ...and advice.

cheers, Noela

Congrats on your success. :)

REALLY impressive win for this property and glad you are pleased with the win! I'm seeing a $299 price tag on Expe.dia, so tremendous discount on what appear to be very busy dates in Arlington.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]