Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jesey City) Hyatt Regency

elly
By elly,
in

This is my neck of the woods, although i seldom have a reason to be in the area.

During the week there is a ferry that goes to NYC and that's a great way to travel into the city. There is also a PATH train nearby that will take you as well. PATH probably easier if going to midtown, ferry if going to downtown. There is also a light rail train that will take you thru Jersey City and into Hoboken. If you'd like to visit Hoboken i can make some decent dinner recommendations.

The hotel is very new, only about a year old, and has very nice views of NYC. Not a ton of stuff in the immediate area, but is a very up and coming business area with high rises going up like weeds.

Hotel is about 7 miles from Newark airport and that is probably the best airport to fly to. There is some NYC transportation information in this thread: Getting From Airport to Hotel, and you can follow the option for getting on a PATH train but take that train to Jersey City instead of Manhattan. Taxi will cost you $35 if you get it at the airport, but I can give you 2 different companies that only charge $25 and $28 (but at least a few weeks ago the $28 company was running a special of only $20). You can call them to pick you up (they probably won't monitor your flight and wait for you), but you can call as soon as you land and they should be there in about 15 minutes. If you want the phone number of each let me know via PM.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]