Hotwire Hotel: 5* Tokyo (Minato) InterContinental Tokyo Bay

overhear
By overhear,
in

Hello,

We will be in Tokyo and perhaps Kyoto from April 4-11. Given the cherry blossoms blooming, it's very difficult to find rooms, but I'm trying.  In Tokyo I'm in the perilous position of hoping to book one particular hotel -- the Park Hotel Tokyo - Shiodome in Minato.

We are 2 adults and a teenager.

Would you be so kind as to help me ID the following?

Thank you in advance!

5* Tokyo - Minato

April 5-9

$225 USD

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

4.5* Minato

$191 USD

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility

3.5* Shinjuku - Nakano

April 5-9

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, Accessible parking

4* KYOTO - Sayko

Apr 7-9

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Tarrytown and Burlington Vermont hotel threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those stays.

For your Tokyo trip, is the Park Hotel Tokyo - Shiodome in Minato the only hotel you're willing to accept as they appear to be sold-out for your complete stay. If this hotel will not be available, which zone(s) would you be looking to stay in and what is your desired star rating and budget per nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare,

The December 2014 trip ended up being broken into 2 threads because we ended up staying part of the time in Tarrytown and part in New York City. For the Burlington stay, we did end up in our Plan B hotel, the Courtyard Marriott. I'll add a note to the thread on that right now.

As for Japan, most of Tokyo, albeit not all, is booked up for the night of Sat. April 4. We have some refundable backup reservations: The nights of April 5-6 at the Park Hotel Tokyo, and a single night at a ryokan in Nikko on April 9. I would like to consolidate and stay at one hotel in Tokyo from April 4-9, and then will need a room for our last night in Tokyo on April 10. Although I'm not optimistic about anything desirable opening up in Kyoto for mid-week, in that unlikely event I would consider a side-trip. So, at this point I'm trying to see what might be available.

Thanks for the follow-up... i've merged your 'open' Tarrytown post into the 'win' thread for those same dates/location.

We don't see too much activity in Tokyo but here are my thoughts comments:

5* Tokyo - Minato

April 5-9

$225 USD

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

--> possibly the Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills, but difficult to say with so few amenities (which apply to most 5* hotels), but i'd also be a bit cautious give the 50% recommendation by previous guests

4.5* Minato

$191 USD

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility

--> is this also for April 5-9 as i'm not seeing any 4.5* offered for these dates in this zone

3.5* Shinjuku - Nakano

April 5-9

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, Accessible parking

--> no guess

4* KYOTO - Sayko

Apr 7-9

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

--> no guess

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know whatever you end up doing for this trip or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you mean May 9 or May 10?

If the same property is offered for May 10 then, as well as for May 5-9, then it may be worthwhile since you could then turn this into a continuous stay (and then only one change of hotel for May 4th... if i'm following your current dates and reservations correctly)

If you meant May 9th, then you would need to determine how many hotel changes it would require if you didn't like the hotel (and needed to book elsewhere for May 4-8).

... of course you could just head to Washington DC to see the Cherry Blossoms :lol:

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

OK, I went through with my experiment and booked a single night -- the last night of our trip -- and got the InterContinental Tokyo Bay. I'm a bit shocked by the tax which bumped up the price to $296.68. I'll have to think carefully about whether we can swing all those additional days. 

I agree about DC, but we're living in Melbourne right now so it would be a tad inconvenient (not to mention all the udon and sushi we'd have to forgo). Actually, if I'd thought about it before we bought our plane tickets, I'd have avoided cherry blossom season altogether. Too much competition.

Thanks for giving it a shot and helping us add the amenity set (and new zone) for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Sorry to see everything is so pricey... you can sign up for our RateDrop service to get alerted should rates drop in price for these dates in your desired zones/star rating combinations.. at least that will help you monitor and reduce the chance of you missing out on a deal should one present itself.

As this thread now reflects your April 10 nite, please start a NEW TOPIC if you need help with, or to report a win for, the remaining nites of your trip.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]