Priceline Hotel: 2* Long Beach (Torrance - Carson) Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson

maynard7
By maynard7,
in

Used the PRICELINE link on this site.   Started bidding at $35, changed zones, changed dates... everything.   When I had bid $41 on a different bid, they said if I raised my bid to $47, I could bid again for free.  I didn't bid $47 (but I guess I should have).  I changed dates again, and finally bid $47 and got the room.  Apparently only saved $3 off the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, but every little bit helps. 

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Carson   401 E Albertoni St., Carson, CA

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the deal you received for this stay and are looking forward to your arrival later today.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is the worst Priceline hotel I've ever gotten.  I don't recommend that people bid for a 2-star in this zone, for fear that they might end up here.  So many things wrong:  no turntable in the microwave oven, tub drains so slowly that there's 4" of standing water by the time your shower is done, dried food on the desk chair, hole in the window screen, noisy from the freeway on one side of the hotel & the major street on the other, they claimed only smoking rooms were available even though they told a walk-in customer otherwise.  This is just like a Motel 6 but with a kitchenette... no way this is a two star hotel.   Not even worth the $47 I bid... I can't wait to leave!

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the stay.

Although you only have one nite left, in the future if you encounter a similar situation i would go to the front desk with the tangible items (hole in the screen, non-draining tub, etc) and point them out to management... they will usually do what they can to find you a room that is more suitable, and if they are unable to rectify (and the issues are tangible... not things like 'the decor is outdated') and you don't like the property enough, see if they will refund you/PRICELINE/HOTWIRE for the remaining nites of your stay.

Good luck... hope things get a little better over the next 24 hours.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried changing rooms, but the front desk claimed they were fully booked and couldn't change me.  I spent half an hour with Priceline and they called the front desk twice, who gave them the same story.  I probably got the worst room in the hotel (probably reserved for Priceline customers).   I will try to get a refund next time, but I doubt they'll go along with that.  It's all part of the business model.  I forgot to add that the electric outlet didn't work in the bathroom, so I had to use my electric shaver at the desk.    A definite one star hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]