Priceline Hotel: Newbie - Help with 1st time bid - Downtown Pittsburgh

lindzz1012
By lindzz1012,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages (as this will also remove the red box at the top of the page asking that you do the same).

To get started, please let us know the actual dates of your stay, as well as your maximum budget for this trip (per nite before fees/taxes). Also, are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Let us know the above and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Fortunately for you Sunday nite is typically the slowest nite of the week for hotels so i think your budget is realistic.

You may be able to get a 4* hotel within $90, but if the goal is the least expensive 3.5* or better, i would bid as follows:

When bidding 3.5* in Pittsburgh you have FOURTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're unsure).

Altenarately, using the link/code in my signature you can $20 off a HOTWIRE purchase and these offers fit your parameters (to see the complete set of amenities you'll need to use our BiddingHelper.com tool and view in the EASY VIEW tab):

4* Downtown $92/nite (your price may differ by a few dollars)

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

... my guess for this one would be the Omni William Penn (with a slight chance of the Fairmont)

and a 3.5* for $86/nite with:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

... here my guess would be the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown (with a secondary guess of the Marriott City Center as a possibility as well)

Any questions feel free to ask (especially regarding re-bidding if you go the PRICELINE route and are new to the subject)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you bid on Priceline for a 3.5*, I'm not sure how important being in downtown is to you.  The Priceline downtown  zone does extend across the Mon river into station square and the Sheraton in station square is a possibility.   Not a bad hotel, but it is not in downtown.   If you bid for a 4*,  you should be able to avoid this possibility.     

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]