Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Indianapolis (East) Baymont Inn and Suites Indianapolis

clmssun
By clmssun,
in

This appears to be a rather new hotel and it is very nice for a 2.5*.  It featured an indoor pool (heated, I believe) along with a small spa pool adjacent to the lobby. It had a terrific "free breakfast" area with coffee, juices, milk, fruit, muffins, bagels, bread, a toaster, instant oatmeal (2 flavors), boxed cereal (about 5 or 6 kinds), a "do-it-yourself" waffle iron, hot scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy.  The room had a nice work desk with lamp and chair, free internet WiFi (it appeared that "premium" xfinity WiFi was available to xfinity subscribers, but I just used the basic free WiFi), manual digital climate control unit, nice large LCD TV (probably 42") with about 100 cable channels including HBO, a spacious bathroom sink/vanity outside the toilet-shower-tub area. The shower offered plenty of nice hot water in the evening and in the morning. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was clean.

As I said, the hotel appeared to be pretty new, but I must add two additional comments:

1) I was told the hotel was "smoke-free" and that a cleaning fee(/fine) would be added to my charges if I smoked. I have no problems with that policy. I had no problems with my room. But the corridors had a stale, musty smell that kind of seemed like cigarette smoke. Thankfully, no such problems in the room.

2) It appears that the geographic area has only begun attracting suburban development for a few years. There is plenty of suburban commerce on the I-465 exits just north and just south of this exit, but this exit still seems rather rural.

This was my first stay at a Baymont Inn and Suites, and I would certainly stay again.

Congrats on your success. :)

Superb deal for this property and glad you found this to be a mostly enjoyable stay. Thank you for your review, as well as for letting us know about this new Price.line property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yes, I was very pleased with this hotel, and I had no significant quibbles with the price. But truly, Baymont's public price for this hotel is $69/night. I thought the Pl Express $52 was a very fair price for the actual hotel, but it truly was not much of a discount.  To put it another way, I will keep Baymont in mind when I feel compelled to pay full price for a known quantity; this hotel at $69 on the open market is a great deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]