Priceline Hotel: 4* Phoenix (Downtown) Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel

mmp
By mmp,
in

This hotel came up as a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal.  It said four star "Downtown Phoenix Area Hotel".  The amenities were:  indoor/outdoor pool, restaurant, free internet, fitness center, business center.  It was listed as $144 but when I chose it, it went down to $133.  I figured I might as well do this and get it over with rather than bid so I reserved it and it turned out to be the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel.  The total price for the two nights was $316.  Additionally, self-parking there is $19/night.  Caution however, because even though Priceline offered "Free Internet" on each of the three pages I clicked on it was only after I paid and got my confirmation that it said "Free Internet (in Public Areas)".  I was pretty upset because Priceline did not present this "free internet" limitation until AFTER i paid and we all know you can't cancel a Priceline reservation.  I did try but Priceline's call center is completely useless and unhelpful, even though I felt I was totally misled.  I told them they might as well say "Free Parking" also and then, after you pay, put the caveat "Free Parking - if you can find it on the street".  Anyway, internet in your room is $14.95 per night.  After I booked this, I saw the Sheraton was running their own "Upper Deck" spring training special of $179 a night which included parking and internet.  Personally, if you were going to use the parking and internet, I'd recommend going directly through the hotel rather than buying it from Priceline and encouraging their deceptive ways.  Sorry for the Priceline rant - this really is the first time I've seen them be so sneaky and I am going to follow up with my opinions with a letter to Priceline (the only way to escalate a complaint, I'm told).  To end on a happier note, I did initiate this reservation from the [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link on the Better Bidding page.  Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]