Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New Orleans (French Quarter - Bourbon Street) Hyatt French Quarter

Chrisk327
By Chrisk327,
in

I'm looking to book a hotel for May 4-9 in New Orleans in the French Quarter. 

I prefer to stay at one that is more in the quarter than on Canal street, however, beggars can't be choosers.

Budget looking to spend with Priceline in and around $100-125 a night.  Could go up more, but that's where I'm starting.

So far the deals I see are on

Priceline Express $125 a night for a 3* 8+ rating, pool, internet, business center. (Maybe Wyndham French quarter? bad reviews online)

Priceline Express $133 a night for a 4* 7+ rating, pool, internet, business center. (maybe Crown Plaza)

generic amenities, so not helping much.  I was going to go the bidding route, looking for a bit of advice.

I don't mind spending the $133 if it was a nice hotel,  but would prefer to have it lower if possible.  main concerns is comfort and location, rather than any particular prestige or amenities.

Just tried at $85...

For which zone(s) and star rating?

Are you familiar with, and using, your re-bid zones? (if not see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, but if you're new to the subject matter it's highly recommended that you ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried in the French Quarter for 4* at $85 and rejected

I just tried French Quarter for 4* at 91 and rejected

I want to be in French quarter and 4* (as I'm wary of some of the 3* choices) maybe going down to 3.5*

I am familiar with the rebidding process  I thinking of adding "West Bank" to rebid and "Harahan" (if I keep it at 4*)

does anyone have experience as to this being a problem?

You mention TWO re-bid zones but at the 4* level there are currently SIX re-bid zones available. Please see the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained link and see if you can determine all six zones, if not we will break it down further for you.

If you're only willing to stay in the French Quarter zone i think you're currently looking at about $110-$130 to be successful for a 4 star property.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I definitely understand that.  However, I'm a bit cautious on doing the rebid zones.  I'm concerned about hotels changing levels and the idea that a new hotel is added in a zone.  Basically I don't want to misfire and end up with a 3.5 star that was recently upgraded to a 4 star and end up by the airport.

my rebids missed the mark.   1 at $101 and 1 at $110

better luck tomorrow hopefully

I share your caution with using rebid zones.  

What makes me comfortable is to open a second screen on my computer and check the zones just before I start bidding.  Then, if I'm using a longer sequence of bids, check the zones again every few minutes between bids.  That reduces the risk to almost zero.  

Romelle

I've rented apartments on two different trips now for New Orleans, but I understand if a hotel room is more to your taste. Note that prices can really vary by weekend vs. weekday, and by whether there is a large event in town. What do you see on Priceline Express or Hotwire if you look at May 4-7, and May 7-9 separately? 

On LMTravelClub.com (join with a promo code - Google for the latest), I see Aster Crowne Plaza (on Canal Street) for $118/night.

thanks for the Tip.

It does make me feel better to have it open at the same time and looking at it for every change.

today I upped my bid.

I've had the 4* in fench quarter rejected at 114 and up.  I then lowered to 3.5 stars and added zones and have been rejected through $128.  Kind of surprised as it seems that hotwire and priceline express have deals in the $130s.  I'm going to reevaluate.  Any idea whether Price.line or Hot.wire has better quality hotels in the 4* category?  or I may go with the deal mentioned above at the Crown Plaza

The Crowne Plaza is considered to be 4* rated by PRICELINE, but within each star rating you have the hotels that are more/less favorable (as well as personal choice based upon location, hotel style, etc), all within the same star rating.

With your stay 3 months away you could also book a refundable hotel to use as a backup and see if PRICELINE / HOTWIRE inventory/pricing improves as you get closer to your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Don't miss that $20 off in thereuare's signature if you go the Hotwire or Priceline Express way.

One difference between Hotwire and Priceline is that Hotwire may be a little more generous with stars.   Roughly a 1/2 star.  Thus a 4* on HW might be a 3.5* on PL.  Not necessarily so.  There are examples of the same rating from both vendors, but there also are examples of a full star difference.  

Romelle

Hi,

I've been back and forth between hotwire and priceline for booking my NO hotel stay.

I'm looking into a 4.5 star hotwire hotel it doesn't seem to line up with any of the ones on the list.  Any guesses?

Smoke free

fitness center

pool

restaurants

business center

self service laundry

internet access

accessibility for visually impair

accessibility for hearing impaired.

we're trying hard to avoid the crown plaza as we've seen some very bad reviews.

thanks

chris

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Also, please provide a follow-up for your prior Boston Priceline thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread - thanks.)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you the price dropped for you a bit and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Hi,

the full amenities list from my order details.

Smoke free rooms

Fitness Center

Pools

Restaurants

Business center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessible for Visual impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of Travel

In-Room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll in shower

Thanks Everyone

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]