Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Bellingham Guesthouse Inn Bellingham

Lumen
By Lumen,
in

Just tried to name my own price for a 2.5* 7 out of 10 rating with wifi in Bellingham Feb 21-22.

I bid $45 and it was refused but I got the one time offer to bid again if I raise my bid $13. I tried to only raise it to $50 but it wouldn't let me as $13 was the minimum. There is a 2.5* Express deal for $53 (pretty sure it is the Guesthouse Inn Bellingham) that is also a 7 out of 10 rating. Why would they ask $58 when they could of sold me the $53. Are there different hotel sets for name your own price and Express?

Each side of PRICELINE ('Name Your Own Price', PRICELINE EXPRESS, and their 'Named Hotel' offerings) each use a different universe of hotels. There is a LOT of overlap between each arm of their service, but there could be hotels that participate in one part of their service but not the other part(s) of their service.

With the above noted, the counter-offer is not necessarily the lowest price that you can win the hotel for... the 'right price' is somewhere between $1 more than your last rejected bid and the counter-offer (so in this example $46-$53. If you had re-bid zones available (Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) you could use re-bid zones and slowly increase your bid price, but unfortunately when bidding in Bellingham this is the only zone and there are no re-bid zones available.

Given the counter-offer you could try your $50 bid (or whatever dollar amount you'd like) 24 hours after your last rejected bid OR just take the $53 PRICELINE EXPRESS deal. Keep in mind that the current hotel offered at $53 could disappear at any time, so i wouldn't necessarily recommend bidding $1/day in hopes of saving the last dollar, i would likely make one more bid at $49 or $50 and if that is rejected, simply take the PRICELINE EXPRESS off, as you don't want to see the current hotel disappear and have you ultimately pay $10 more because you were trying to make sure you got the last $1 of savings. (if you do take the PRICELINE EXPRESS please note the amenities that are associated with the hotel before your purchase and include them when posting your win)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rebid today for $50 rather than the $58 Priceline suggested yesterday. I believe this hotel is also in the express deals for $53 so win, win yay.

I forgot to mention in previous post that in the rejection emails that Priceline sent me for the two previous bids (both done yesterday) was a notification that I did not need to wait 24 hours to rebid. I received this email at 10:36 am Pacific time on February 7th "You may try this exact bid again any time after 03:16 PM ET on February 7th 2015"

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]