Priceline Hotel: 4* Phoenix (Scottsdale) The Scottsdale Plaza Resort

2syb
By 2syb,
in

Spent a good few hours looking at hotels last Tuesday January 20th and ended up getting "The Scottsdale Plaza Resort" for $158+taxes/fees=$188.75/nt (rack rate on resort's website was $340/nt after taxes & fees, Priceline regular $296/nt).

Not the best deal I ever got, considering the number of hotels available in the area/the number of possible bids, and the resort has mixed reviews so we'll see. 

All the area hotels look to be quite booked up/expensive due to spring training so keep that in mind.

If you look at the Google Reviews for that hotel, you might be concerned. A response from the Director of Marketing  could be interpreted to say that people who use on-line booking sites will not always get what they want. Instead,  she suggests that you consider booking directly with them and tell them what you expect ("we will do our very best to match your expectations"). I am surprised that Priceline would be willing to deal with such a place. You could point this out to Priceline if you want them to follow up. You can see for yourself by entering "Scottsdale Plaza Resort" in Google and clicking on the reviews.

You may want to check, but I believe this hotel charges a resort fee on top of your winning bid. I stayed here many years ago and the grounds were very well maintained, and my room was fine, but they have several buildings arranged in a courtyard setting around a few pools. I believe the property was expanded in several phases, so the rooms are not consistent in size or quality. With that said, I think relative to other options in the area, this seems to be a good deal. It might be good to check in just when rooms open up rather than late at night. Would be great to hear a brief follow up after your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]