Hotwire Hotel: Need help - Westin Diplomat - Ft Lauderdale

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

Someone at TOBB reported obtaining the max ($1000) refund from Hotwire's "double the difference" program using the Westin Diplomat.

The dates the poster used was Nov 26-30. Under the Hotwire vacation product, this property displays both beach access & beachfront. Under the hotel only category, Hotwire is dropping the beach access amenity in it's 4 star description for Hollywood Beach zone. And this is using the same dates as the poster at TOBB. Hotwire is also displaying the same price ($313) the poster at TOBB paid.

So the question is......does anyone think Hotwire is displaying a different property, or are they known to change the amenity labels for the same property depending on whether you're booking hotel only vs vacation package?

There *ARE* two completely separate Starwood properties within a mile or two of each other.

The Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa is the 40-story tower that is directly on the beach.

The Diplomat Country Club and Spa is inland and is adjacent to a golf course (it is part of Starwood's Luxury Collection group).

I can't speak to the Hotwire-description specifics, however, the "Country Club" property is *definitely* not oceanfront.

Hope this helps ....

Thanks for the feedback, Welldone.

Since the 4 star displays the beachfront icon, I can't see how it could be the Diplomat Country Club.

I checked some alternate dates, and what I assume to be the Diplomat Country Club came up at 4.5 stars (no amenity info as referenced in the vacation section here at BetterBidding).

I'm 99% sure the 4 star is the Diplomat Resort, but not sure enough to play the "double the difference" game.

In the Hotel Prodcut, Hotwire only uses the Beachfront or Beach Access, while they use both in the vacation product (if you think about it, isn't it assumed that a beachfront hotel would have beach access?) There is also an Oceanfront icon often used when a hotel is on the ocan but offers no beach access.

There are quite a few posts on this board about people uitilizing the Double the Difference guarantee (try a search for it, putting Double the Difference in the search box and selecting Any Date), but you can read some of my thoughts on the risks involved in THIS POST.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]