Priceline Hotel: help id hotel

mikesmith100
By mikesmith100,
in

Are you using HOTWIRE (and not PRICELINE EXPRESS) as City Center East is a zone on HOTWIRE and no such zone exists on PRICELINE.

If so, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 3.5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Travel Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, my best guess for this one would be the Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You never mentioned any hotel being in the Convention Center zone, from your latest reply i will try to clarify this thread for your confirmation and for anyone else following along or that may read it in the future:

A 4* hotel on HOTWIRE in the City Center East zone:

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Travel Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... my guess here was the Doubletree.

Additionally you're asking about this 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS property in the Convention Center - Mid Center City zone:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Free Internet

Business Center

... for this one a hotel with this amenity set has not yet been reported to the board, but the Hyatt at the Bellevue, Loews, and the Marriott all are in this zone and have the amenities listed, so any of these would be among the likely candidates for this one.

Do i have the situation correct that one was on PRICELINE and the other on HOTWIRE, and have the star ratings and zones above for each correct?

If you need a hotel within a certain within the city try searching within 1 mile of the location you need using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All three hotels match the description of the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer so i don't see any way to eliminate any of them from the possibilities.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Situated within steps of the convention center, the historic, bustling Reading Terminal Market bursts with local and cultural tastes and wares.

I assume you're referring to the quote above (which is on PRICELINE EXPRESS, please try to be specific as to which hotel/zone/service you are referring to since there is more than one hotel, service, and zone that was discussed above), which is descriptive of the zone (Convention Center - Mid Center City) and not the specific hotel being offered.

The discounts that are usually seen thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE are in exchange for being a little flexible as to exactly where within the zone your hotel will ultimately be located... if you need to be in a specific location i'd search for within one mile of the convention center using MAPS and HOTELS.com and you'll easily be able to see any options that are within your budget and within walking distance of the convention center.

Even if you were to end up 4-5 blocks from the Convention Center (which really isn't that far unless you have mobility issues or the weather is poor), i have found taxis in Philadelphia to be relatively inexpensive and i couldn't see such a short trip being much more than $5-$6 (which if correct would still put you ahead of the game vs. a hotel direct purchase at regular rates)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay.

Good luck!

Should I be worried this hotel on express is really only a 3 or 3.5 * ?ive read alot of bad reviews online about priceline exaggerating their star ratings.

You can see the examples of the hotels guessed above, as well as the hotels reported to the board here: Priceline Hotel List Pennsylvania. While not every hotel is going to be everyone's cup-of-tea, I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

PRICELINE's star ratings are usually pretty good (it's not 10 years ago when star rating creep was a bit more common)... HOTWIRE is usually a bit more generous than PRICELINE in their star rating system.

This is only for a one nite stay, so if you're concerned about trying PRICELINE for the first time, it's the perfect time to give it a try... i can usually put up with just about anything for one nite. ;)

... for one adult.

Also I would need 2 beds

Are you plans firm and exactly how many guests do you need accommodations for?

I'd also suggest taking a break for a moment and think about what is really important to you for this stay and what requirements you have for this trip (and are these requirements needs or wants?)

If you're not comfortable with buying an 'opaque' hotel then please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which will help you get a hotel in the exact location you want.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]