Priceline Hotel: Hotel/Resort Fees - Las Vegas

DiscoQueen
By DiscoQueen,
in

This just came up today on my bidding screen. First time it has ever happened. (I bid in Las Vegas up to four months out of a year, so I am used to bidding there.) s Priceline now including hotel/resort fee as a part of bidding? They just followed me on Twiter after I posted the screen shot btw. Will update once I get more info.

Called a hotel for this bidding region directly and the said they would NOT honor that amount as there resort fee is twice as much per night and would charge me the resort fee on top of what Priceline is charging. BE CAREFUL! I did not submit the bid btw. And the hotel would not even match the rate, per night, that Priceline has as the published standard rate for the same time period. Odd???

3 Star Upscale Hotel, Near Las Vegas Strip East Area  3-Star

Check-In Date:  Sunday, January 25, 2015
Check-Out Date:  Sunday, February 15, 2015
Region  Las Vegas, NV
City Area:  Near Las Vegas Strip East
Check-In Time:  Varies by hotel. Guaranteed late night arrival if needed.
Check-Out Time:  Check-out times vary by hotel
Number of Rooms:  1
Guaranteed Amenities:  Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Number of Nights:  21
Offer Price Per Room, Per Night:  US$ 30.00 
Subtotal:  US$ 630.00 
Taxes and Service Fees:  US$ 108.15 
Total Room Charges*:  US$ 738.15
Hotel Fee:  US$ 210.00  
Total Cost*:  US$ 948.15 

No surprises! Total cost includes estimated hotel fees (e.g resort fees). Your total cost will never be higher than displayed above.

*Prices are in US dollars.

Can you please read your messages.

I saw this the other day and i need to research it further, but i think that PRICELINE is taking the highest resort fee in the zone and listing that as the maximum that you will be charged... not necessarily the resort fee for a specific hotel that you would be bidding on or for the one that you would necessarily win at that bid price.

If my theory above is correct, i also noticed a discrepancy between what they listed as the resort fee and what i know to be a hotel in the zone with a higher resort fee, so will need to monitor further to see if they tweak/update the maximum resort fee or if they are using some other formula (it's always possible that PRICELINE has contracted a maximum resort fee with hotels, but if not, they do state that they guarantee the total cost will not exceed the amount indicated, so i think they would make good on any overage.

It would be appreciated if you started to share all your wins with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]