Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Mayfair - Soho) Citadines Trafalgar Square Apartments

esteddom
By esteddom,
in

Need help Identifying two 5* Hotels on London Soho/Mayfair area.

Check In 2/7/15

Check Out 2/10/15

First Hotel

Pets allowed, restaurant, fitness and business center and free wi-fi.  8+ rating and a guest favorite  $201 per night (Save 40% or more)

Second Hotel

Restaurant, fitness center, business center, free wi-fi and bed choice available.  9+ rating and a guest favorite.  $208 per night (save $25 or more)

I have been looking at the express deal rates quite frequently for the last week or so.  Before today the only 5 star hotels didn't have ratings so that kind of scared me off a bit.  I was planning on waiting for the price to get a little closer to $180 but I am intrigued by the 9+ hotel rating, but am also wondering what you think the lowest price would be if I were to bid on a hotel at this area and rating?  I don't really think there would be a bad hotel at this level and if the savings were signifcant enough it might justify it for me.  Thanks in advance for the help.  Love the site!

Also I've already booked an cancellable backup hotel as reconmmended.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not currently seeing the 5* hotel in this zone with the 9.0+ rating... are you still seeing this one on your own PRICELINE search?

For the first property my guess would be the Metropolitan London or the London Hilton On Park Lane.

Based upon the $201/nite PRICELINE EXPRESS deal rate currently available, how high would you be willing to bid for a 5* hotel? Is this the only zone that is acceptable?

Let us know the above and we will suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow if that is the route you want to take.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes the 9+ hotel is no longer showing. I am having a hard time deciding on a 4 or 5 star in this area now. A 4 star express shows up now that I was curious about as well.

4 star Condo in Mayfair/Soho

$156 non-smoking studio

Pets allowed

Condo

Free internet

Business center

Rated 8 or higher

Depending on what place this is I think I'd go with it or bid up to $180 for a 5 star. What do you think?

Thanks so much.

We have not yet seen this condo reported to the board and with such a limited amenity set it could be just about anything... i don't have any insight into this property.

If you want to try bidding on PRICELINE for a 5* hotel in this zone up to $180 i would bid as follows:

When bidding 5* in London you have FOURTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Mayfair - Soho...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any question feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid up to $180 but my offer was not accepted. Do you think waiting until closer to my arrival is a good idea? I feel like the prices usually come down closer to check in date. Might have to consider 5* in Westminster or Bloomsbury or a 4 * in Mayfair if that's not the case though. Thoughts? Thanks again for the help and I definitely remembered to use your [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link.

There is no way to know if rates will move drop in price, or move even higher, between now and your stay (which isn't really that far away)

If you do choose to wait i would book a refundable hotel and then sign up with our free RateDrop service in order to get notified should any hotels that meet your star rating/zone preference for your dates drop in price.

If you want to lock something in now, a 5* hotel in the Bloomsbury zone is likely beyond your budget, you could likely get a 5* hotel in the Westminster zone, or a 4* hotel in the Soho zone, within the bid amounts you have already made.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help along the way.

Good luck!

After talking with the Mrs and looking harder at the 4* Mayfair express deal I was pretty sure it was the for the Citadines Trafalgar Square which would fit our needs. Went ahead and accepted the express deal at $156 a night and did get the Citadines. I made sure to use the [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link. Thanks again for all of the help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you (and more importantly the Mrs. ;) ) are happy with the results.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

• 5 weeks later...

Janet Diber,

You can see all wins (including amenity set for PRICELINE EXPRESS offers) reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List (and there is a similar Hotwire Hotel List for reported wins thru that service)

For help with your own stay please continue your existing Priceline London hotel thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]