Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park) Chicago Loop Hotel

arich35
By arich35,
in

Rates are somewhat inexpensive for these dates and i don't think you're too far off... how high are you willing to bid at this time?

Also, are you familiar with re-bidding, as you do have SIX re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in the Chicago area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding (highly recommended if you're new to the subject matter)

If you're comfortable re-bidding and you let us know your maximum bid we can suggest a strategy for you to follow. Lastly, do you have a preference of the Loop zone vs. the NMA zone OR is the least expensive 4* hotel in either of these two zones the goal?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am semi familiar with re-bidding. I am really trying to stay in the two regions mentioned above. We have stayed in both (Hyatt Regency & Hilton Hotel) and we love that area. We won't be traveling with a car so it is a lot easier for us to be around everything. 

I am trying to get lower than the express deals that are offered. I am looking almost every day and trying to see which hotels are which. I know Chicago Essex is a 3* in that region for $74ish so if I can get that price for a 4* that would be ideal. 

I'm not sure if I should wait until it is closer to the trip to bid around $60-70 range or if it really matters between now and early March

I am semi familiar with re-bidding. I am really trying to stay in the two regions mentioned above.

If you add the property 're-bid zones' you will still be assured of landing in the two zones you want. If you have read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are still confused or don't see how a correct re-bid strategy will still land you in your desired zones, try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter your city and dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

I know Chicago Essex is a 3* in that region for $74ish so if I can get that price for a 4* that would be ideal.

The PRICELINE EXPRESS rates are already discounted (as they are opaque, just like bidding) and you should be trying to beat the rates on an apples-to-apples comparison... try to beat the 4* express deal rate when you're bidding for a 4* hotel, as the 3* rate may have very little to do with what is needed for a 4* hotel.

As i noted previously, for your dates above i don't think you're too far off, but take for example the following scenario:

4* PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel offered for $150/nite

3* PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel offered for $60/nite

... it would not be reasonable to expect to get the 4* hotel for anywhere near $60/nite

I'm not sure if I should wait until it is closer to the trip to bid around $60-70 range or if it really matters between now and early March

If you were successful at $70 or less (or even $80 or less) for a 4* in Chicago what do you think the bigger risk would be... rates rising substantially from there OR dropping considerably? Try to focus on the big picture and the $10's of savings rather than the $1's of savings. ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know if/when you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Can I get this moved to the Hotwire forum?

If this gets moved not I would like help identifying a hotel with these amenities

4 star- Magnificent Mile Area - River North area Hotel

$91

Pet Friendly, Boutique Hotel, Indoor Pool, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self-Service Laundry, Internet Access

80% recommended  

Are you still seeing this listing when searching? It's not appearing when I'm searching for 2 people this morning for these dates.

I'm seeing what appears to be the Sheraton for $90 (you may see a slightly different price), what I'm guessing may be the Blackstone Renaissance for $108 (again, you may see a slightly diff price), and what may be the Hard Rock for $86. Would any of these be of interest? If so, let us know and we would be happy to point out which listing is which.

Once you make a purchase, we can then shift the thread to the HOTWIRE side if need be, or keep it here.

If a hotel is not appearing in the EASY VIEW tab but is appearing in the HOT.WIRE tab, you need to do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set:

Search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Using the method above this is the full amenity set of the property i believe you're seeing:

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

... if this is the full amenity set, i'd agree that the W Chicago Lakeshore would be the best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thank you, I thought it was the W Chicago Lakeshore but wanted a 2nd opinion. Alright we are deciding between that one and this hotel if I can get this identified we probably will make a decision tomorrow!

3 1/2 * Downtown-Millennium Park-Grant Park- $79 a night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

3 1/2 * Downtown-Millennium Park-Grant Park- $79 a night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

If I:

• click the offer

I see:

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

This amenity set has been seen previously with the Club Quarters Wacker at Michigan, so that would be my guess.

I'm also seeing a 4* in the Loop area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $88 (you may see a slightly different price.)

That would be a possible match for the Hard Rock. If the Hard Rock, that's a nicer hotel right around the corner from the Club Quarters Wacker/Michigan for $9 more.

Personally, I think there are a number of appealing options for these dates, although in terms of the cheaper 4* options, the potential Hard Rock or W would be the most appealing. That W was also given a pretty significant renovation (the rooms look very different) last year.

Thank you for keeping us updated and let us know if you have any questions before booking.

If I do that I see: Free Internet, Fitness Center, Business Center, Internet Access, Smoke-Free Rooms, Restaurant(s), and Self-Service Laundry for a 3 1/2* in Downtown/Millennium Park. I thought it could be The SilverSmith.

Thank you for the info on the Hardrock! My girlfriend and I are trying to decide on The W, The Sheraton, and The 3 1/2 star hotel. I will take a look at The HardRock as well. Hopefully I will be reporting a win sometime today!

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
In the HOT.WIRE tab there are two 3.5* hotels offered... the one that AaronJB mentioned and the one that you had mentioned.

For the one you have listed, i know the amenities are close, but i'm doubtful it's the Silversmith.

Congratulations on your success... hope you're pleased with the hotel and the deal you received.

As there were a few different hotels mentioned in this thread, and more than one 3.5* property, can you please add a reply to this thread clarifying the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]