Hotwire Hotel: 3* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood International Airport FLL) Best Western Airport South

Warbird
By Warbird,
in

Interesting catch!  Initially, I did a search of FLL and several hotels came up in the airport zone.

If one is getting off of a cruise this place can be a zoo.  Last year we took a shuttle from Miami to this hotel and got to the hotel before 11:00 AM in the morning.  People were checking out and waiting for their shuttles to take them to the cruise port.  We checked our luggage in a room and later came back to claim it.  Initially, we had to wait for the CSR to come and open the door to put our luggage in the room.  Later in the afternoon, think 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM I checked to see if our room was ready and it was.  We went to the room where our luggage was stored and the room was full of luggage and people were tripping over each other trying to retrieve what belonged to them.  The key here is just go with the flow and you'll do fine.

Eating choices are limited here.  There is a Cuban Restaurant (Go to Google maps) across the street about a two block walk from the front door of the hotel.  That's about it for your evening dining if you don't have a car.  There is a free breakfast which we didn't use last year because of an early flight.   

Amenities: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

• 1 month later...

Allow me to add some more comments.  This trip we rented a car from Miami with a drop off at FLL.  The hotel is on Stirling with I-95 on the East side.  The freeway noise wasn't an issue, just giving reference.  Down Stirling to the East several blocks is a Chipotle Mexican Grill that we eat at.  (Within walking distance)  Across the street is a McDonald's and I believe a Taco Bell just to the East.  Behind the McDonald's is a shopping center.  Google Maps shows these locations if you zoom in enough.  I don't want to forget the resident cats.  They're not an issue, but only for reference.  On Hot Wire's web site in the reviews someone mentioned them.  We have stayed at this property before and that was a give away for me to know what property I was getting.

This time we arrived around 2:00 PM and still had to wait till about 3:00 PM before we could check into our room.  Not a problem.  One final note the WiFi on the 5th floor is kind of sketchy.  I was on my iPad and my wife was on her Nook.  She didn't have near the connection issues that I was having so maybe it was my iPad.  Just an FYI.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]