Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Houston (Galleria) Crowne Plaza River Oaks

annegray
By annegray,
in

Price

86$ without tax 

A decent price I think for the time of year and area

I used HOTWIRE link and there was a coupon for 20$ off my stay

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I guessed it would be this hotel or possibly the Sheraton suites

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received one of the hotels you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- when you have a minute, can you please follow-up your previous Priceline New Orleans and Hotwire Downtown Memphis threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those trips. Thanks! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i usually go for the 4 star but none were available due to the start of OTC . i should have booked in December when I booked the other dates but I thought I would leave it until i got back from holiday. I live and learn. Even the Memphis ones I looked at then have gone up in price so I will be booking that very soon, probably this weekend. Nola I am still undecided what to go for. Will update my threads as soon as.

• 3 months later...

My first ever Hotwire disappointment.

We paid for 4 nights here but could not even stay for one.

What a dump, it is like a cheap motel.

Our reservation quite clearly states under "rooms"    "safes".

There is no room safe and it is an extremely unsafe hotel to stay in.

Metal strips are being put on the doors to prevent further breakins and we were told quite clearly not to leave a room key in room as it could be used to steal our car.

And this was something we had to pay for as an extra!

There is no security here at all. And if "people" know there are no room safes well.......

As we were travelling and shopping we could not take the chance of leaving our stuff in this horrible smelly room.

I have never been in such a hovel in my lifetime of travelling.

Please be very careful of taking a chance on this hotel!

Can you please add a reply to your Memphis hotel thread that your purchased the Madison thru a non-opaque source and not thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE?

For your future regular rate purchases, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com.

As far as the issue with the hotel not having a safe, this was not an amenity listed prior to your purchase which is why i don't think HOTWIRE is willing to do anything about it... if the hotel showed a Restaurant amenity prior to your purchase and the hotel didn't have a restaurant, then i think you would have more of a legitimate complaint and would likely receive some sort of compensation/refund from HOTWIRE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]