Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Midtown West) Ameritania Hotel

Julie_d
By Julie_d,
in

Hi there,

I'm in the middle of bidding but no luck so hopefully you can give me some tips for more succes.

I saw a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for a 3.5* hotel in the upper west side,amenities listed are:

-Internet

-Business center

-Gym/spa

I'm pretty sure it is the Belleclaire hotel.On the express deal it's listed for 59,- euro per night.So I decided to start bidding,started bidding with 47,-euro,then 49 euro,then 51 euro,but no luck.But since it is listed for 59 euro on the express deal I don't think I can bid any higher because then it's almost the same price.

Any advice?

I was also wondering why the prices on the express deals are different,on my laptop the prices are listed much higher than on my Phone.

Thanks in advance.

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire New York City thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply to this thread with the prices in US Dollars and we will have a look at your post above and advise accordingly.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay as this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry for not following-up the last time,complety forgot.I posted in the other thread what I ended up doing for that stay.The bidding on priceline didn't work out then but I decided to give it another try now.

The express deal is listed for $69,I started bidding around $53,then to $56,then to $58.I added zones everytime,so the last bid was $58 for the upper west side/Times square area/empire area

The Hotel Belleclaire would be my best guess for the 3.5* UWS PRICELINE EXPRESS property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I think it's the Belleclaire too.So that's why I tried to bid a little lower than on the express deal,and hoped they would accept my offer,but no luck yet.

I'm also wondering what's  the best thing to do,book a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal or take a risk and wait a little longer and hope the rates will drop last-minute.Since I'm travelling alone I have to pay for everything myself so that's why I really want to try to have the best price possible.

If you're happy with what is believed to be the Belleclaire (and the UWS zone in general), and are OK changing hotel mid-trip, then i would take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer... there is a much greater chance of rates heading higher from here than substantially lower, and you're not likely going to find much in NYC for sub-$70/nite (and certainly not ones that are well reviewed, as indicated by the 8.0+ user review rating of this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer).

HOWEVER, i think it ultimately comes down to whether you want to stay in different hotels/areas this trip OR if you're doing it to try and save some money. As the latter nites are a little more expensive than these first 3 nites, i think once you average the nites you're only looking at $5-$10/nite savings... so the question is whether that is worth it to you in order to change hotels in the middle of your trip.

I think I will go for the express deal.The previous times I went to New york I always stayed in 1 hotel the whole trip,but then you always kind of stay in the same area,go to the same shops etc,so that's why I thought about switching hotels,not specifically for saving money.

Good to know that rates probably won't drop,on  a lot of other sites they always advice to take risk and book last-minute to save but I already thought for New york that wouldn't be the case.

Thanks for the info and I'll let you know what I'll do.I have to go to sleep now because I have a nightshift but I think I will book tomorrow morning.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found a nice deal that will work for your needs and it was the hotel you were hoping for.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have fun in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]