Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3* Orlando/Universal Orlando I-Drive North

MIChessGuy
By MIChessGuy,
in

I am considering a "Hot Rate" hotel, $43/night, for January 17-24, 2015 with these amenities:

3* Orlando/Universal Orlando I-Drive North

Free Parking

Fitness Center

Self Service Laundry

Free Internet

Pool(s)

Resort

Restaurant(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Business Center

Also says it is "70% recommended" and has a resort fee of "about $0.00" which seems like an odd way of saying there is no resort fee.

Any guesses?

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Thank you for using the board's HOT.WIRE or PRICE.LINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Using the method above this is the full amenity set i'm seeing for this property:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Resort

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Childrens Activities

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

If this is what you're seeing, i'm not certain, but the CoCo Key Hotel and Water Resort Orlando would be my best guess for this one.

If you are interested in this property, and since this an extended stay, you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, I did not know it took extra steps to see all the amenities in Hotwire.  Their interface could use some cleaning up, in my opinion.

Anyway, as it turns out, I went in a completely different direction:  I used a coupon code for cheaptickets.com to book Universal's Cabana Bay Resort instead.   The breakdown for seven nights:

7 nights (Jan 17-24, 2015)  $663.02

Discount applied             -132.60

Taxes and fees                       86.20

Total due at booking           $616.62

This works out to less than $100 per night (including the $10 nightly parking fee) for a brand new, on-site resort that includes early entry to the Universal theme parks.  I couldn't resist.  :D

Thanks for all your help.  I will take another look at Hot.wire soon to make sure I know how to see all the information for a particular property.

Sorry, I did not know it took extra steps to see all the amenities in Hotwire.  Their interface could use some cleaning up, in my opinion.

Which is why we created BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW. ;)

Glad to see you found something that works well for your needs and thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]