Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (World Trade Center - Wall Street) Club Quarters World Trade

saz123
By saz123,
in

Any thoughts on what these hotels might be on PRICELINE EXPRESS

The first is a 4 star in the Soho/Tribeca area for $204 Cdn/night.  Amenities include restaurant, fitness centre, internet and business centre.

The other hotel is a 4.5 star in the Soho/Tribeca area for $231 Cdn/night.  Amenities include free breakfast, pet friendly, fitness centre, and business centre.

Thanks!

Any thoughts on what the following hotels might be in HOTWIRE?

4 star in soho/Tribeca for $211/night Cdn.  Amenities include pet friendly, self serve laundry, fitness centre, internet, restaurant, business centre.

4 star for $225/night Cdn.  it is listed as a boutique with a fitness centre and restaurant.  Also in soho/Tribeca.

The dates are December 24-28.

Thanks so much!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Please keep all posts for this stay within this thread - thanks. :)

4.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS Soho w/breakfast. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess the Mondrian would be a definite possibility.

4* PRICELINE EXPRESS Soho. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. The Hotel Hugo or a new amenity set for the Sheraton would be guesses, but it may be something else.

Hot.wire 4* Boutique - this listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

For the additional Hot.wire listing: If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (such as accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

saz123,

I'm very familiar with NYC, if you let us know what you're looking for from this stay along with your desired star rating and maximum budget, we will try to pick out your best options for these dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing a 4* for $156 in Chelsea w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower. This would possibly be the Hilton Fashion District.

I'm seeing a 4* in the Soho-Tribeca area w/Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $181. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess a new amenity set for the Sheraton Tribeca would be a possibility.

You may see slightly different prices.

Would either of the above listings be of interest or any of the PRICELINE EXPRESS listings?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Most of our time will probably be spent downtown so I was looking to find a hotel (at least 4*) for around $175/night that is clean and well located for exploring soho, village, Chelsea, LES, financial district/911 memorial and close to subways for any trips to midtown.  I was hoping to get some intelligence about the hotels I listed so I could have at least some sense of what they could be so I could check reviews, etc. before booking (recognizing of course there are no guarantees).  I am also open to other options/suggestions and am very appreciative of people taking the time to help!

If you believe that most of your activities will have you in the Downtown zone, i would go with what looks to be the W Downtown New Downtown for $179/nite. It's a bit south, but you say this is where you will be most of the time, and you have three different subway station/lines within a 3 block radius.

If you can stretch your budget to $228/nite i would splurge for what looks like the Eventi in Chelsea... slightly more north for some of your intended activities but really excellent reviews.

Lastly, if you're try to be more on a budget, The W Hoboken can be had for $135/nite which is a very nice deal for this property and the PATH Train 3 blocks away can have you Downtown in 10 minutes (although the Downtown station is currently closed on weekends due to construction) and midtown (with stops near many of your intended locations) in 15 minutes. It's not as convenient as staying directly in Manhattan, but it's do-able and a good price for this property.

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for those great suggestions.  The Eventi looks great, but I think it is just a bit out of our budget for this trip.  The W could be a doable option.  Where would I find that one?    Is there anything that you have come across or anything you would recommend in that price range a bit farther north (e.g. in the Soho-Tribeca area)?  The reason I ask is that I will be travelling with my mother and she is at an age where she might need to go back to the hotel and rest for a couple of hours in the afternoon.  During that time, I would ideally like to be able to walk to/around an area with some shopping and some coffee shops. My hesitation with the W (and other places farther into the financial district) is that, from what I recall, there is not too much in the way of shopping, cafes, etc. within a short-ish walking distance.

The W Downtown was on HOTWIRE. It is NYC so there is always something nearby (or at least not too far away), but likely not as many choices as something in Soho/Midtown/Chelsea.

I do think the Hilton Financial would work for your needs as it's close enough to Chelsea for shopping, cafes, and everything else you want, but also convenient to subways to easily get around, as well as offering a nice balance between cost and convenience.

There is a 4* hotel offered in the Soho zone with Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, but unfortunately with this limited amenity set i don't have a good guess for this one

For this 4* East Village property for $191/nite:

Boutique

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Tennis

Childrens Activities

... i'm guessing the Sixty LES. This area has a bit less subway options but based upon your needs may work for you... to get to midtown you pretty much only have the F train (which is a good line but to get much further west of Sixth Ave (ie- into Chelsea) you would likely need to make a transfer to another subway or a bus)... to get further Downtown you could take the J or Z train (which is only in the southern part of Manhattan, from the Lower East Side and south, so i don't typically consider it a very useful train, but it sounds like it would work for your needs in this instance). As well, the Lower East side has gone thru a big transformation in the last 5 years and there are tons of restaurants, boutiques, cafes, etc. near this hotel.

In sum, i would look at the Hilton for midtown convenience, the Sixty LES for a bit more of your specific needs (although getting downtown would require a subway or taxi ride... to the center of Soho about a 10-15 minute walk depending upon your mom's mobility)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes) and we'll take it from there.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the follow-up.

Can you please further reply to this thread with the room rate per nite (before taxes/fees in US Dollars) that you paid for this room so we can adjust the topic title accordingly and have this win as historical data in our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.  You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of their home page (i don't think the amenities for this property will still be there, but if they are please include this information as well)

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]