Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Westchester County (Tarrytown - White Plains) Doubletree Tarrytown

overhear
By overhear,
in

Hello,

For the latter part of my December journey in the northeast, I'm looking for 3-4* accommodations in Westchester Co, NY. I might go ahead and try Priceline, but I'm a bit nervous about some of the White Plains hotels that are mixed in with Tarrytown on PL. 

As I'm looking for a fairly long stay over Dec. 9-18, I tried breaking up the period into different blocks.

Hotwire is showing the following for 1 adult and 1 child with no reviews or tripadvisor data: 

Tarrytown-White Plains 3* - $93 (12/9-18)
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Internet access

Tarrytown-White Plains 3* - $113 (12/9-13)
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Internet access

Tarrytown-White Plains 3* - $77 (12/15-18)

I'd very much appreciate help with the ID.

Thanks very much!

The Cambria is a bit out of the way from where I need to be.

If you need to be in a more specific location than the PRICELINE zones or HOTWIRE offers allow, you can also try searching our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which will show you hotels near almost any address in the world, and the interface makes it very easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm still considering a priceline bid for this part of my trip. I've read some posts here implying that the same hotels tend to be available on both hotwire and priceline at any given time. Is it your understanding that that's the case? If so, I'm wondering if I should try to ID the 4* on Hotwire, and if it looks reasonable, try to get it as a priceline bid for a lower price.

I'm not able to access the Hotwire Easy View on bidding helper as I'm receiving this error: "Error: The server is temporarily unavailable, please try again later." That said, these are the amenities listed on the standard Hotwire view. Could you help with an ID? 

Tarrytown-White Plains - 4* - $138
TripAdvisor rating  3.5
  Indoor pool(s)
  Airport shuttle
  Fitness center
  Pool(s)
  Restaurant(s)
  Business center
  Self-service laundry
  Internet access
  Accessible for visually impaired

OK, when I narrow my dates to 12/15-18, I see this hotel on hotwire. It's official: I am completely driving myself crazy, and no doubt you guys too!

3.5* (12/15-18 only)
TA 4 of 5
Amenities
  Free parking
  Indoor pool(s)
  Fitness center
  Pool(s)
  Restaurant(s)
  Business center
  Self-service laundry
  Internet access
  Golf nearby

If a hotel is not appearing in the EASY VIEW (or you get an error when trying to view the full amenity set) you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set for the property:

search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Using the method above this is what i'm seeing for the 4* property:

Indoor Pool

Shuttle

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... the Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown would be my best guess for this one.

For the 3.5* i'm seeing:

Free Parking

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... the Doubletree Tarrytown would be my best guess here.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you! I just used the bidding helper to book the 3.5 on hotwire for 12/9-12. This is a great location for me. 

I now have to book for 12/9-12, but I don't see the same hotel listed on hotwire. In your experience, is there any chance I might get that hotel using priceline, if it's not appearing on hotwire? 

I see your Hotwire hotel win for 12/15-12/18... can you please add a reply to that thread with the amenities showing before your purchase; you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

For the renaming nites, you still need 12/9-12/12? If so, what are your plans for 12/12-12/15?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the outcome.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Amenities list is as follows:

Hotel Amenities

Free parking
Indoor pool(s)
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Self-service laundry
Internet access
Golf nearby
Tennis nearby
Accessibility
Accessible for hearing impaired
Accessible path of travel
In-room accessibility
Accessible bathroom
Accessible parking
Roll-in shower

I see your Hotwire hotel win for 12/15-12/18... can you please add a reply to that thread with the amenities showing before your purchase; you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

For the renaming nites, you still need 12/9-12/12? If so, what are your plans for 12/12-12/15?

Hello,

I just updated the posting with the amenities list from Hotwire.

I am seeing the same 3.5* on hotwire -- presumably the doubletree -- but in the mid-$190s. It shows up if I choose 12/9-12 which might work for me, but $196 is well over my budget. So, I'm thinking of giving a 3.5* a go on priceline.

The 3 wins on the hotwire hotel list for 3.5* in Tarrytown-White Plains are the Sheraton, Marriott, and Doubletree. Of those, only the Sheraton is a bit undesirable, and it's probably not too bad.

For whatever date remain in between my stays (possibly the nights of 12/12-14) I'll stay with friends. 

I just made my first successful stab at a PL bid for this segment of my trip. Since the Doubletree appears to be available on hotwire for 12/9-12, I tried bidding for those dates on priceline under the assumption that I might be able to add a night later. If not, I can stay with friends. 

Based upon the history of wins on this site, which range from about $60-$115, I bid $60, 75, 90, and 105 for a 3.5* hotel with no luck. I guess I'll wait my 24 hours and try again.

This property is more of a business hotel than a leisure property, so rates are typically much less on the weekends (like your already successful win) and more expensive midweek (ie- for these dates).

Rates for these dates start at $229/nite at the Doubletree Tarrytown and i doubt that you will be successful at this property in the sub-$100 range.

You an also try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to see if there is anything offered nearby this property that may be within budget and work for your plans.

You could also use BackUpBooking to book a refundable rate and also get alerts from RateDrop if the price of a 3.5* or 4* hotel in this zone drops in price either thru PRICELINE EXPRESS, HOTWIRE, or even at 'regular rate' booking at the Doubletree itself.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help with this leg of your trip.

Hi Guys,

I'm still toying around with my plans for 12/9-12. At this point I've decided it would be best to be in Manhattan those nights, IF I can find something within my budget. Based upon previous successful bids on the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, I've done a little bit of bidding, so far unsuccessfully on PL. I understand that the odds are against me due to my budget constraints, so I'm trying out BackUpBooking.com.

On backupbooking, if I enter "New York, NY" or "New York City," I only seem to find hotels in lower Manhattan. I'd like to what's available in all of Manhattan. Can you advise?

EDIT: I just figured it out. I entered W 32nd St, NY and found the hotels further uptown.

COMMENT BY THEREUARE: if you search by 'NYC, NY' it will focus from the center of Manhattan... you could also use 'Times Square NYC' if looking for a radius from that point.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]