Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) Holiday Inn Mart Plaza

mjlawson
By mjlawson,
in

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire South Caronlina thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. This help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you confirm if the Hilton Head purchase was Price.line/Hot.wire or regular rate? Thanks.

I'm seeing a 3.5* in the Mag Mile RN area for these dates w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.  This would be a possible match for the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza.

I'm also seeing a different 3.5* Mag Mile-RN area property w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. This would be the Doubletree, most likely.

The 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS may be the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza with a new amenity set or Doubletree Mag Mile.

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? I'm very familiar with the area and there's a LOT on Hot.wire for these dates. For example, there's a 4.5* in the Mag Mile-RN area for $75 (the price you see may differ slightly) w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Pet Friendly. This would be a possible match for the Westin River North - if so, that would be a terrific upgrade over the Holiday Inn or Doubletree for only a few bucks more.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Can you confirm if the Hilton Head purchase was PRICELINE/HOTWIRE or regular rate? Thanks.

I'm seeing a 3.5* in the Mag Mile RN area for these dates w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.  This would be a possible match for the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza.

I'm also seeing a different 3.5* Mag Mile-RN area property w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. This would be the Doubletree, most likely.

The 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS may be the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza with a new amenity set or Doubletree Mag Mile.

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? I'm very familiar with the area and there's a LOT on HOTWIRE for these dates. For example, there's a 4.5* in the Mag Mile-RN area for $75 (the price you see may differ slightly) w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Pet Friendly. This would be a possible match for the Westin River North - if so, that would be a terrific upgrade over the Holiday Inn or Doubletree for only a few bucks more.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi Aaron, the Hilton Head purchase was through PRICELINE.

My cousin is getting married in Chicago on 12/27 and the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza has a block of rooms for guests. I would like to stay there, as most of my family is staying there, but as long as I'm close to it I guess it doesn't matter much.

Thanks for the help!

If the 4.5* mentioned above is the Westin River North, that's a super easy walk or really, really short cab ride over. There's a little bar area at the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza just off to the side of where you check in if you have to wait at all - it has great views of the city, as do some rooms where wedding ceremonies take place.

Just booked this with Hot.wire though Betterbidding! Listed as a 3 1/2 star in the Magnificent Mile - River North area. Amenities include Free Internet, Indoor Pool, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, Self-service laundry, and Internet access. I got the Holiday Inn Chicago-Mart Plaza for $69 which is exactly what I wanted! My cousin is getting married that weekend and that hotel had a block of rooms for guests at a "special" price of $119. 

Thank you!

Congrats on your success. :)

Awesome deal for this property and glad you are pleased with the win.

One note - this property does have a lot of rooms that provide a great river view. These are an upgrade, but I don't believe the price is that substantial. If this is of interest, you could call the hotel and see what they say.

This is a somewhat odd property in that it's the top half of the building it's in. You can go in the building at the main entrance, then you can walk towards the back and the elevators then take the elevator up to the lobby.

Also, please let others headed to the wedding know about Betterbidding! We'd be more than happy to help everyone heading to the wedding find deals.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]