Priceline Hotel: Help with bidding on an all inclusive (Ocho Rios, Jamaica)

hook13
By hook13,
in

I've used priceline a lot, but never for all inclusive.  Looking at staying in Ocho Rios jamaica very soon, 11/8/14-11/15  They have a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for 161 for an ocho rios oceanfront all inclusive, 3*, pretty sure this is the RIU...and pretty sure I can get the same property cheaper through other channels.  My question is with NYOP, it lists the areas, but Ocho rios area is described as all inclusive, oceanfront.....does this mean every hotel in this area will be all inclusive for double occupancy?  The only guaranteed amenity listed is a restaurant, and no mention of all inclusive, other than the area, and it doesn't say all inclusive for 2....just leery about this, as it says average price is only 100.....would love to snag this hotel for 125-135/night, although my guess is that's unlikely given the express deal pricing-  Thanks for any help or guidance-  thinking about scrapping the trip entirely since the weather forecast looks rough (and with southwest flights I can cancel w/ no penalty)

The name of the zone is 'Ocho Rios Oceanfront'... the 'all-inclusive' is a detail about this zone.

The hotel you win in this zone will be All-Inclusive and can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, so you think it would be a safe bet that they would include all inclusive privileges for two?

The suggested price for a hotel in that zone is $100 for a 3*

Express deals shows 3* in this zone for $162 all inclusive

I strongly suspect this is the RIU in ocho rius, with a list price of 226 for double occupancy

any suggestions on where to start with bidding? 

Thanks again, I'm on a limited time frame since we fly out Sat so it's either this or booking the apple square deal (hotel revealed after purchase there too, but it's either RIU mbj or RIU ocho, 178/nt OTD using that channel))

The only issue i see with your logic is that the 'suggested price' shown by PRICELINE is often flawed and usually not meaningful in determining your bidding price... if you're expecting to win at $100 based upon PRICELINE's suggestion that may not be realistic (although you may be able to beat the PRICELINE EXPRESS price)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried bidding on montego bay and Ocho rejected at 135, 145 at 4 and 3.5 star levels  (express was still around 170)..no offer to bid again immediately.  Booking directly with apple vacations on something they call "square deal" which is a different opaque booking option.  Resort and transfers included in price, guaranteed to be five apple rating (this leaves only two options, RIU Montego or RIU Ocho Rios, if previous bookings are any indication).  This option is the same price as winning a priceline bid at the attempts I made, but does include transfers, so going with it instead-  Thanks for the guidance, much appreciated! 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]