Priceline Hotel: 4.5* in Wailea (Maui)

mmahal
By mmahal,
in

Hi guys,

I'm bidding on a 4.5* in Wailea, Maui. So far this is how I've bid:

1. First bid - $190 with Wailea selected

2. Second bid - $200 with Wailea + rebid zone 1 selected

Should I wait 24hrs before trying to bid again? How high should I expect to go for a 4.5* in this area? I know hotwire has a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for about $350. Any other strategies or tips?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please reply with the dates of your stay and we will have a look at the offer above.

What is your maximum bid for a 4.5* hotel in this zone for this trip? (before you would consider lowering your star rating to 4.5*, is that is your gameplan)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can't determine your 4.5* bid based upon rates of 4* offers as there can often be a BIG price difference between one star rating and the next. In fact, while there is a 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer for your dates at $171/nite... the 4.5* hotel in this zone for your dates is priced at $347... more than twice as much!

If you want to try bidding up to $250/nite for a 4.5* hotel in this zone you can try as follows:

When bidding 4.5* in the Maui region you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4.5* Wailea...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $220, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* Wailea and re-bid zone2...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $225, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* Wailea and re-bid zone3...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $240, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* Wailea and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $250

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

FYI, there are currently three 4.5* properties in Wailea.  They are the Fairmont Kea Lani, the Grand Wailea, and the Andaz.     They all cost quite a bit more than the 4* resort properties, which are the Makena Golf Resort, and the Mariott Wailea.    Non-opaque rates for the three 4.5* resorts are typically $450 or more per night, usually at least $150 per night higher than the Makena Resort and the Marriott.  Frankly, if you got any of those three properties for $250 per night, it would be a screaming great deal, although I personally am not a fan of the Grand Wailea because it is vast and massive, the other two, being the Andaz and the Kea Lani, are spectacular.  But you are by far most likely to win the Grand Wailea if you win any of them.   And it would certainly be expected to cost you more than a $50 premium per night over the Makena Resort or the Marriott.   Whether or not it's worth it, depends upon how much you like the Grand Wailea and it's massive scale - personally, I'd prefer the Makena Resort for the $175-190 it usually goes for.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]