Priceline Hotel: 4* Rome (Coliseum - Termini Station) Hotel Latinum

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

This PRICELINE EXPRESS deal was driving me crazy.  Seemed too inexpensive.  And I didn't like the 7.0+ review score.  Still - how bad could a 4* be?  I only needed two nights pre-cruise.  I didn't want to commit to both nights here in case I got really unlucky, so just put in for one of them.  

I tried Price.line bidding first, up to the level of this rate after taxes and fees.  I could actually bid the base rate quite a bit higher, since Priceline bidding fees were lower than PRICELINE EXPRESS fees.  Nada.

I argued with myself for a while, and finally just pushed the button.

The results:

Hotel Latinum

Piazza Di Portamaggiore 11

Rome, Italy 00185

It looks like a continental breakfast might be included.  The pictures show refrigerators in the rooms.  It is right by bus and tram stops, close to a metro stop, and maybe a 20 minute walk from Termini.  The neighborhood may be a little seedy.

The reviews on Tripadvisor are actually a little better than those on PRICELINE EXPRESS.  I'm hopeful.  I'll post a review after my stay.

I'm guessing I might save a few people who are curious about the deal ... and give a few others enough info to feel safe proceeding?

Romelle

Congratulations on your success!

Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag but the price is certainly GREAT... good enough to add the second nite OR are you looking elsewhere for the additional nite?

Also, do you recall the amenities shown before your purchase?

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Enjoy this leg of your trip and have a great cruise!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I knew I was missing something on the report.  The ONLY amenity shown was Pets Allowed.  One more thing that made me nervous about the transaction.  I figured that wasn't enough of a clue to guess what the hotel might be.  

I did investigate adding the second night, but found another hotel with which I was more comfortable.

Romelle

• 2 weeks later...

There's a ton of hotels in that area. I stayed at a Best Western near there once (because I couldn't find a 4* for less than about $200 a night!) and it was decent, but couldn't' tell for sure from the outside. It's a great location, though yes, Termini area can be a little seedy with lots of gypsies. Have a great trip!

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]