Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Wilmington (Central) Hampton Inn Wilmington-Medical Park

congonati
By congonati,
in

This is my first rodeo, so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place!

I'm trying to bid on a 3 star hotel in downtown Wilmington, NC for this upcoming Saturday (11/1/14). Priceline only has one hotel listed in the express deals for that area and the price is listed at $152. The regular price for this same hotel is $209 on Priceline. I've tried a variety of bids up to $82 thus far without any luck. I am set on this zone, and the alternate zones available to choose from all have 3 star options available, so I can only re-bid by increasing my offer and selecting a different star level (there aren't many hotel options in this zone and none of the options are less than 3 stars). Should I wait a few more days to rebid, or should I keep rebidding daily? Am I totally unrealistic with my price? 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

I assume by 'Downtown' you mean the 'Wilimington Area' zone? (as there is no 'Downtown' zone on PRICELINE)

If correct, i'm seeing this 3* Wilmington hotel for $95/nite when searching for your dates (please confirm your dates on the landing page) with:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Fitness Center

Free Parking

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Business Center

... or are you referring to the 'Wilmington Central' zone where i see THIS HOTEL at $152/nite... but this one is 2.5* rated (and not 3* as indicated in your post)

Please clarify the above and we'll advise further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com search for your dates and then filter to show only 3* hotels... all of the 3* properties are priced at $200+ for your dates, so your $85/nite target does not seem realistic.

With the 2.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS property priced at $152/nite i'm not sure lowering your star rating to 2.5* will help much either.

Are your dates flexible at all? Are you willing to stay in a different nearby zone, lower your star rating, and/or increase your budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Date is not flexible. If I chose a different zone, I'd use Hotwire secret rate for a 3* within the next two zone closest to PL Wilmington Central. I'll be without a vehicle, so I would really like to be within walking distance to hotel. The Hotwire two zones down is about $15 cab ride listed at $72/nt. I'd be ok paying a bit more to stay downtown and not have to deal with the cab. I'm waiting for my 24 hours to be up so I can rebid the Wilmington Central again. What would you suggest for my strategy? Starting price $85/90/95/higher? With 2.5* selected? The only other star options are 2 and 3, so without adding additional zones, I'm only able to rebid twice.

Unfortunately at the moment i don't think your sub-$100 bids are close... so how high are you willing to go to stay in the 'Central' zone?

I'm thinking you'll more likely need to be in the $125-$150 range.

I used the PL link and won the 2.5* Hampton Inn Wilmington-Medical Park hotel for $100/nt. After previous bids up to $85 failed yesterday, I tried $90, then $100 today. I'm not terribly thrilled with my win, as this hotel was not listed as having availability on Priceline, Hotwire Standard list or Hotels.com, I assumed it was not a contender for bidding. I assumed wrong! While It isn't as far away as the $72 option I was contemplating with Hotwire, I still would have opted to pay less at a slightly further location if I wasn't going to be downtown anyway. It's still a good hotel, but I could have gotten a 3* hotel for $65 in another part of town. Eh, live and learn!

Sorry to see you're underwhelmed with the outcome, but this does appear to be difficult/high demand dates for this area.

Hopefully you'll be able to make this work for your needs.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

I just received an unsettling confirmation email that said "Thanks for booking your hotel reservation in Philadelphia, PA with Priceline." Lovely. However, when I click to view my itinerary, it's still showing the appropriate city and state. Hoping my reservation didn't get all wonky somehow and ends up causing me major issues upon checkin.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]