All inclusive

jmuls
By jmuls,
in

I apologize if I did not look hard enough if this has been posted, however on pricelines list of areas in the dominican Republic, 3 areas are said to be all inclusive. It seems most of the resorts are  A I  but by its omission I will assume all are not. I have had great luck with pay my own way with this site but a little fuzzy understanding the risks in blind bidding and possibly not getting a all inclusive.  Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance                  Joe

You're only guaranteed an All-Inclusive property if the 'ALL INCLU' symbol is listed next to the star rating for the zone(s) that you have selected.

What are the dates of your stay, which zones and star ratings are you considering bidding, and what is your target budget per nite for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have not made firm dates, maybe january, but more likely in june, I was trying to understand it in researching both the wins, and the price point between the AI and pay as you go because clearly you bid differently on both. I imagine this same thing in a lot of mexico.    I have no interest in the areas designated as all inclusive in the dominican.  There have been 4 or 5 wins posted in Punta Canta in the last year and all of them were for AI resorts.

The bottom line is that in some zones there are only all-inclusive properties... in other zones there are some all-inclusive properties. Probably best to explain with an example:

Using BiddingHelper.com search for 'Punta Cana, Dominican Replic' (any dates)

The second zone (currently) in the list of available zones is:

Juan Dolio - Boca Chica Oceanfront - All Inclusive

==> given the All Inclusive designation in the zone name, any property won in this zone would be All Inclusive

Now look at the (currently) 6th zone in the list:

Punta Cana - Bavaro (place a checkmark next to this zone and only this zone)

==> scroll down to the star ratings and next to 4.5* and 5* you will see an "ALL INCLU" icon in the list of guaranteed amenities. This indicates that (currently) any 4.5* or 5* hotel won in this zone will be All Inclusive.

If you then look at the 4* (and below) in this zone there is no All INCLUSIVE designation/icon, so any hotels at these star rating will not necessarily by all-inclusive.

You can also use PRICELINE EXPRESS which will show if a given offer is All-Inclusive, as well as HOTWIRE being an option which also shows if the property is all-inclusive or not.

Hope this addresses and answers your question(s) and let us know once your plans are firm and you're ready to purchase a hotel for your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Interesting,    I do not see the all incl  icon on name your own price but have won many 4 star hotels using areas that have no 4 star  to rebid.   You are saying if I start with boca chia or any place that is only all inclusive, then add in punta canta with a star rating above boca chia they are forced to give me a all inclusive.  Makes sense to me    Thanks

You are saying if I start with boca chia or any place that is only all inclusive, then add in punta canta with a star rating above boca chia they are forced to give me a all inclusive.

NO... i don't think i said that at all.

You're trying to apply my comments to re-bidding but my comments have nothing to do with re-bidding.

I do not see the all incl icon on name your own price...

If you do your PRICELINE search again, select ONLY 'Punta Cana - Bavaro' and then scroll down to the star ratings... do you see any icons/amenities listed next to each star rating?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]