Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago North Shore (North Shore) Renaissance Chicago North Shore

yogangsta
By yogangsta,
in

Are you able to help me ID the following 4* Hotwire property in Northbrook-Glenview-Mt Prospect?

Reservation Details:

Check in Oct 24 

Check out Oct 26

1 room / 1 person

$60 USD/night

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

The Full Amenities was displayed by using using your Bidding.Helper.com tool, using the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then clicking the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing.  (Thank you for that from a previous question I posted.)

If it's the Sheraton Chicago Northbrook or the Renaissance North Shore I'll book it.  But if it's the Westin Chicago North Shore I'll keep searching for another hotel...

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you go w/the Renaissance, there's a back walk-in entrance to the Chicago Botanic Gardens on the other side of the expressway. Not sure if it'll still be that way by the end of the month, but Fall colors are still really nice at this point and may still be that way in 10 days or so. If so, the Botanic's really quite beautiful. The walk-in side is free, if you drive in on the other side of it, admission's still free but parking is steep.

Elsewhere, I'm seeing a 3.5* in the Northbrook/Glenview zone for $55 w/Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. This listing hasn't been ID'd/reported to the board, but may be a new amenity set for the Marriott Deerfield Suites.

Let me know if you have any questions about hotels or about the area, as I'm familiar with the area.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you so much for your feedback.  :)

I have one more question before I proceed with the booking.  I don't know if I should post here or start a different thread on the Priceline (Express Deals) section.  It's for the same trip, and I'm comparing the results of Hotwire Easy View and Priceline Express (from your Bidding Helper), for the search criteria outlined below (please note the modified checkout date from my post last night-- I added an extra night, now checking out Oct. 27.)  

Basically I'm wondering if the 3.5* North Shore property on Priceline Express Deals might be the same as the 4* Northbrook-Glenview-Mt. Prospect property on Hotwire.  If you don't think the 3.5* Priceline property is the same as the 4* Hotwire property (the Renaissance North Shore), do you have a guess what hotel do you think Priceline Express property might be?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Here is the (modified) search criteria:

Check in Oct 24
Check out Oct 27

1 Room / 1 Adult

Hotwire Easy View results:

4* Northbrook - Glenview - Mt. Prospect

$60/night

Amenities Include: Free parking, Internet access, Pool(s), Pet friendly, Fitness center, Business center and more...

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Priceline Express results:

3.5* North Shore

Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

$60/night

Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Free Parking
Free Internet
Business Center

I also have a question for AaronJB, as you seem quite familiar with the area.  

I'm attending a conference a the Hilton DoubleTree North Shore and I'm wondering if you think any of the hotels that the above search might be would be suitably convenient.  I'll have a car, and I'll go in and out of the events over the 3 full day/nights of the conference, to take breaks and see some of the local sights, and likely go back to my hotel at least once a day, etc.

It seems like the Renaissance North Shore and Sheraton Northbrook are both within a 10 minute drive of the DoubleTree.  If it ends up being another property (i.e. the Westin Chicago North Shore, or the Hilton Northbrook or Crowe Plaza Northbrook, etc) are these still reasonably convenient to drive to/from from the DoubleTree in Skokie?  i.e. no more than 15-20 mins away max preferably?

Any insight you can provide about commuting by car in the area (and going somewhere each day for a jog) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much...

If you are going to a conference at the Doubletree NS, the Westin wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would be rather far. While the Westin would not be the optimal result and a longer drive, I suppose one nice aspect of the Westin is the straightforward nature of the drive - you would go South on Milwaukee to Golf, then Golf Road East and you'll get right to the hotel. The Des Plaines River Trail would be a jog option right by the Westin - otherwise, the area around the Westin is really not walking-friendly. I haven't seen it, but there looks to be a trail entrance right behind the hotel.

Des Plaines River Trail:

http://www.lcfpd.org/preserves/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.view&object_id=160

At the Renaissance, Dundee is the next E/W street to the North of the hotel. If you walk East on Dundee over the expressway, once you get to the other side, you'll be on a trail. Walk a little further East and you'll get to a stoplight and if you look across the street, there's the walk-in gate for the Chicago Botanic Gardens. You really couldn't ask for a better jogging set-up, from the standpoint of it's open, great scenery and there's buildings if you need to stop or grab a bite to eat/drink. If you were to not go across that crosswalk to the entrance and kept going East on the trail, you'll get to a point where the trail veers off from Dundee and heads South, eventually getting to the Skokie Lagoons. This trail that leads towards Skokie Lagoons is part of the North Branch trail, which is about 20 miles long.

North Branch Trail:

http://fpdcc.com/downloads/maps/pdf/nbn_trailmap.pdf

The Botanic would really be the best option by far, but there are multiple options for a jog near the Renaissance. The hotel shuttle could probably take you to the back entrance of the Botanic, it would be an exceptionally quick trip for the shuttle. Once you walk in the back entrance, you do have to walk for a little bit through parking and buildings until you get to the first section, which is the prairie area.

Lastly, there's an intersection right to the South of the hotel where Sunset Ridge Road veers off. You could jog on that to Voltz road, go West on Voltz, which curves and goes North, then curves and heads West again. At the point where it curves West again, there's an entrance to the trail through Sunset Ridge Woods. I haven't been on this trail at all or been in this nature preserve (and again, the Botanic is really the most optimal option), but will note this as another option.

If you stayed at the Renaissance, you could very easily zip over to the Doubletree via side streets or the expressway. The Sheraton, as well, although the issue with the Sheraton is that Willow Road is sometimes bumper-to-bumper. Not a huge deal and not really a problem aside from during rush hour, but worth noting that the Willow-Waukegan intersection nearby is crazy at times (and is also a red light camera intersection, as is the intersection of Wagner and Willow to the East (I think.)

The Sheraton is not really terribly walking friendly directly around the hotel, but if you were able to cross Willow at the corner of Willow and Waukegan near that hotel, then you could jog around Glenview. Not as optimal, but there are possibilities.  The issue with a number of hotels in the area is that they are within or near office park (or mall, in the case of the Sheraton) areas, so they are not really walk-friendly. The Renaissance is the primary example near trails and walkable suburban neighborhoods.

Additionally, just to the North of the Renaissance a little bit is a mall with a Trader Joe's for any snacks/drinks. There's also a number of nice restaurants to the North in Highland Park, to the East in Winnetka and a couple of restaurants right nearby, including Barnaby's across the street - a pizza place that literally has not changed in 30 years. There's a Whole Foods in the same mall as the Sheraton, as well as a few restaurants. However, there are more restaurants in nearby Glenview. 

In terms of hotels, I'm seeing:

HOTWIRE:

4* Northbrook Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. My guess would be the Renaissance.

The 3.5* North Shore PRICELINE EXPRESS has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board - I'd guess the Renaissance or Hilton Northbrook may be possibilities.

I am seeing a 3.5* in Skokie-Evanston for $113 (you may see a slightly different price) on HOTWIRE w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Free Parking, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower. This would be a possible match for the Doubletree NS, but quite honestly, it's SO easy to get from the Renaissance to the Doubletree, I'd say stay at the Renaissance for about half the price. Also, I think the Renaissance is a nicer property.

If you did choose the Doubletree, you could head West and wind your way around to the North Branch trail, which goes by this area to the West of the hotel. You could also do a jog East to the town of Wilmette and back - that's about 2.5MI each way. 

Let me know if you have any questions before booking (about hotels or the area.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi AaronJB, thanks for your feedback.  I purchased using BB's PRICELINE EXPRESS link, and the 3.5* with free parking and free wifi ended up being the Renaissance.  I did try bidding through Priceline as well, but the amenities list wasn't the same (no free parking/free wifi listed), so I stopped bidding at $56 knowing I could purchase using PRICELINE EXPRESS, and not wanting to risk getting a completely different property/amenities.   I'm very happy with the purchase, especially considering the group rate at the conference hotel was $129/night and it's a simple quick drive to the conference hotel.  I also like that there are many jogging options literally out the door of the hotel, as well as shopping and food options.  Thanks again for you feedback.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this will be convenient for your needs in the area this trip.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Priceline Express Hotel List with the amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]