Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Cooperstown Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn and Suites

srgreene
By srgreene,
in

Hot Rate is $69 for a one night stay Friday 11/21, checking out 11/22, for 2 rooms for 4 adults/4 kids.

Amenities list shows:

Free Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Self Service Laundry

I couldn't find a Cooperstown area in the section that lists what hotels have come up before.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Scott

We have not yet seen any hotels reported to the board in this zone.

I'm not certain, but the Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn and Suites seems to be a good fit and that would be my best guess for this one. The property does have a good 4.0/5.0 TA rating, a 90% recommendation from previous guests, and includes free breakfast, so it should (at the very least) provide a positive experience and good value, although i can't offer any more insight as to which one it may be.

You can also search our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to see if there is anything there offered at a similar value which will satisfy your needs for this trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the information.  If it is indeed the Best Western Plus Inn & Suites, that property is listed as a 2* on PRICELINE.  Even the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is listed as a 2.5* on Priceline.  I don't even see any 3* or 3.5* listed.  Is it possible that HOTWIRE is bumping up these star levels for the same properties?  3.5* seems pretty overrated for a Best Western Plus.  I actually just looked on the sister site MAPS.HOTELS and it brings up Best Western Plus as 2* and Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites as 2.5*.  Same as Priceline. 

Just confusing why Hotwire is showing 3.5* when there clearly isn't one there.

Every travel company uses their own criteria to rate and assign star levels to hotels. While 3.5* does seem a little high for a Best Western property, it's possible that this one received a boost do to positive reviews, something offered that makes it better than other 3* hotels in the area and therefore worthy of an extra half a star, etc. Also, the above was just a guess based upon what i saw in the area and no other hotels that really came close to the 3.5* rating (there was one but part of the HOTWIRE description didn't match what was offered by the hotel, so i excluded that as a possibility)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...

I am so sorry that I never posted my results on this HOTWIRE purchase and hopefully this information can close this thread.

We did travel to Cooperstown back in November 2014.  It's now showing in my history that the property is 2.5*.  This is what we got at the time: 

Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

50 Commons Drive

Cooperstown, NY 13326

$68.00 per night

Thank you, Scott

Thank you for the follow-up and sharing your win with the board, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List. (which is why it's important to follow-up your wins as you receive them)

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]