What Hotel extra do you want?

powerplantop
By powerplantop,
in

For me I want free high-speed internet. I have to read my email every day and dial up is way to slow.

I also love it when the property has a fridge and microwave.

I do like it when the property has a bar with food.

Lots of channels on the TV is a good thing.

I usually leave before the Breakfast is ready, or it just doughnuts and coffee.

Pool when its just me I could care less.

Business center I have a lap top give me free high-speed internet and I am set.

So what extra

My preferences:

1) Hi-Speed Internet

2) hot Tub

3) Complimentary Breakfast

The order of the first two can change depending upon the purpose of the trip (and if i feel like i need a hot tub)

hot tub is a must when I pick a hotel. The problem is that I always pick a hotel with a hot tub that is not working. Theres nothing worse then getting your suit on and sticking a toe in only to find cold water. :)

even if in-room coffee is good you won't have real cream for it just the powered stuff! :)

I've had one or 2 complimentary breakfasts at 1* and 2.5* hotels and they were complete jokes, I want a complimentary breakfast at a 3* or 4* with a real restaurant like the person above just said!

that would be awesome!

With a Priceline booking for the Mermaid Hotel in Copenhagen, we had a complimentary Scandinavian breakfast buffet that was bursting with high-quality items in all food groups. I've never seen anything comparable at a US hotel. For me, getting a good breakfast on demand tends to speed up the process of getting started on the day and also saves money on lunch. The Springhill Suites and Summerfield Suites had a fairly good breakfast.

I like the idea of a pool, but rarely use it. Same with hot tubs or saunas.

I don't care about free Internet, because I don't do business travel, and don't travel with a suitable electronic device, so if I have to check my email I'll use an Internet cafe.

I like a hot tub, once even had one just outside of hotel room in patio area....

after being in for quite a while I started to get that feeling of nausea and felt dizzy......I looked it up and it said that this can happen if you stay in it too long because it heats up your internal temperature and you literally don't feel like getting out......and that people can actually die from this

(just thought that was interesting!)

isn't it kind of ironic that sometimes in the most expensive hotels the rooms aren't much bigger if at all then a cheap hotel room? (unless it's a suite)

I also like good in room coffee. But it is hard to find, even if it is a good brand it will often be passed it's prime. I drink mine black so creamer is not an issue.

As for breakfast at high end hotels the InterContinental club room in New Orleans had an awsome breakfast. I recieved a free upgrade to the club floor or it would not have been free. But that was prior to the big K, good thing that was a leaisure trip.

I love hotels that offer complimentary breakfast. We've stayed at a few that even have a made-to-order omelet station! And I love those make-em-yourself waffles.

I have noticed that often, 2.5* hotels offer amenities for free that 3* and above hotels will have a surcharge for. This includes internet access and even local telephone service.

JB

1) WiFi - not just in the lobby, but wireless in the rooms as well!

2) Good Comp Breakfast (Residence Inn, Hampton (okay), Amerisuits (not bad), Hilton - Executive Level)

3) Comp Hor'deurves/beer/wine (Residence Inn, Hilton - Executive Level)

4) Free Parking

5) QUIET ROOM!!!!! It shocks me how many times I've not been able to sleep on a business trip b/c some buffoons next door are hollering until 1 and 2 a.m. - (specifically at an Amerisuites and a Townplace Suites!)

(1) A good TV with oodles of channels. It's quite surprising how many higher-end hotels lack this. I know, it's their way of getting you to pay for movies. Nice idea of "service" there. Anyway, "Free DirecTV In Every Room" seems like a marketing plan waiting to happen, doesn't it?

(2) A hot tub/ sauna/ steam room

(3) A fridge. Sticking a bottle of milk or Coke in an ice bucket doesn't cut it.

(4) A public computer in the lobby, free for guests to use. I don't travel with a laptop -- not worth the hassle for me -- but it's nice to be able check my e-mail, credit card statements, etc. once in a while. You don't need the most sophisticated computer here. Why don't more hotels offer this?

(5) Laundry machines, when I'm traveling for several days and have only a few changes of clothes

Funny how 2* properties are nearly universally better at these things than 4* places are.

I've learned any advertised "free continental breakfast" can be a crapshoot. I've seen more than my share of plastic-wrapped muffins, rock-hard bagels and "orange juice" that's essentially colored water. I don't eat breakfast anyway, so it's not really a priority.

A lot of times I travel to hike in mountains, and have no use for fitness machines when my plan is to use Mother Nature's really big ones. This is also why (2) is a priority at the end of the day.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]