Canada Vancouver Sutton Place

jedikiah
By jedikiah,
in

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights n late November 2005 (Hotwire - USD 87 per night).

Really there wasn't anything I can think of to fault this hotel. Staff were pleasant and the service was outstanding with attention to detail despite the hotel being nearly full the whole time (Grey Cup week). As an example turndown service was standard in the evening but if you had the privacy sign on the door they pushed a note under to say they had come but because of that they left you alone.

Was given a corner room on the 12th floor which I guess has the best view available from the hotel over Robson Street and beyond, but it was misty almost all the time I was there.

Didn't use the restaurant - there are many alternatives around. Interesting that there were queues out of the door at the Denny's across the street though for breakfast. (Also there is a supermarket just one block to the right of the hotel.)

Unlike many hotels these days there isn't an attempt to make as much as possible on room amenities - free coffee / tea supplies each day for example. Other chargeable things in the room were I'd consider at the low end of average for a 4/5* hotel.

• 1 year later...

Stayed here for five nights in Feb 2007. I can only agree with what the poster above wrote.

I might add that the Internet service at the business center is ridiculously expensive and slow. There is a small internet cafe at the grocery store next door which costs about Can$3 for 30 minutes. Or bring your laptop and surf for free at the BLENZ coffee place at the next street corner. They also serve good coffee.

What I liked: Excellent central location. Free in-room coffee. Decent pool. Friendly staff. The grocery store next door which also carries plenty of deli foods. The Air Canada check-in kiosk in the business center - very convenient.

What I didn't like: Not much, really.

• 2 years later...

Stayed 4 nights with wife and the little one 6/10-6/14. Have to agree with OP that this is an excellent hotel. Very friendly, courteous service. No mention of priceline at all when i checked in, they accomodated a room change to a king size given that we were traveling with an infant. No need for a car if your activities are in vancouver itself. It has just about everything within 5 minutes (shopping, dining, museum, waterfront, transit, etc.)

Best feature is the japadog stand out front. If you haven't tried it, you must, Anthony Bourdain and Ice Cube can't be wrong :)

Skip breakfast at the hotel and go around the corner to the bellagio cafe. $10 for just about any combination breakfast you can think of.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]