Priceline Hotel: 10/12 to 10/16, Manhattan, 1st time

bigblock
By bigblock,
in

Two couples, first time sightseeing in nyc. Preference is lower price ($150?) 3*.

Are 2.5* hotels in Manhatten decent?

I read the posts about crowded TS so most zones are OK with us.

As long as we can get to the subway, we're good. 

The Residence Inn (3.5*) would be awesome but I know better than to expect that.

Should I book a cancellable room and bid at the last minute?

All advice very welcome.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

So we can research this stay, please confirm if you're looking for ONE room for QUAD OCCUPANCY... or if you are looking for two rooms (one for each couple)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think $150 is going to be a little difficult - it's worth trying lower prices, but I do think it's probably going to wind up taking slightly higher.

On Hot.wire, I'm seeing a 3* in Madison Square Garden-Hell's Kitchen w/Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business for $200. Higher than what you hoped, but this does at least offer breakfast. This would be a likely match for the Holiday Inn Express West Side, which is a newer hotel.

Let us know if you would be okay with potentially going slightly higher than $150. Keep in mind that you can wind up anywhere within a zone when bidding - are you okay with the potential of not being *right* near a subway?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

How are you arriving to the area? (plane, train, bus, etc. and where do you arrive)

Which zones have you included in your bidding thus far? You stay you have started at $160, has this been your maximum bid as well, or how high have you bid and at what star ratings?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? For instance you can get something for the first 2 nites of your stay in the $150-$160 range (or HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Murray Hill Suites for $135/nite)... then for the last 2 nites of your stay (when rates jump) you can either raise your budget, lower your star rating, or stay outside of the city.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]