Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Seaport District - Convention Center) Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Methodical bid once I realized that the Ren was available at a close to $100 rate for Halloween weekend, also Broncos-Patriots weekend (I'm from Denver). 

Bid starting at $100, got the obligatory $132 counter-offer, went up in $3 increments to $109, then rebid in $1 amounts until accepted at $115.  Used the BB PRICELINE link to begin all bid series.

Can I suggest taking the train to the stadium?

http://bostontoat.blogspot.com/2013/08/riding-patriots-train.html

You really don't want to drive if you can help it, because Foxboro is too small for game day traffic.

Also, you can get an MBTA app and buy and download the tickets on your phone.

South Station is about a mile from your hotel.

I won't say "good luck" to Broncos fans, though!

As a rule of thumb, if you get a counter-offer from Price.line, the wining bid will be approximately 1/2 of the difference between your bid and the counter-offer.  So if you bid was $100 and the counter-offer was $132,  I would rebid $116 .   You could have saved some time (surely your time is worth $1) just by rebidding $116.  Or if you are willing to waste  time, $116 minus a buck or two or five.  But you will meet somewhere close to half-way - there is no point in working up in tiny increments from your original bid because anything close to it is not going to be accepted until you get near the halfway mark.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]