Priceline Hotel: Anyone familiar with Ft. Meyers Area?

ufauxreal
By ufauxreal,
in

I am flying into Ft. Meyers one day before a tour begins. I'd like a hotel conveniently located for general sightseeing in the area as I've never been there before. Tour is of the Everglades, so something different is best. Hard to say what price (less expensive is better) because I haven't seen many wins in this area, therefore not really aware of the going rate. Certainly don't need beachfront, as I will only have about 24 hrs. total on my own.

Any suggestions as to what zones to look in?

Thanks!

JB

Well, we went there a few years back and stayed at the Sanibel Gateway-zoned Country Inn and Suites. It was about 20 minutes or so to the Edison/Ford Estates in Ft. Myers, and not a straight shot either. Have you tried googling the Visitors/Convention Bureau for Ft. Myers yet? They might have some maps or hotel recommendations on their site... I must say I'm not quite sure what tourist attractions there are in FM, but I think the Estates are a can't miss. We got to tour the homes as well as Edison's lab, and they have an amazing banyan tree as well as many other interesting plant species on the property. Oh, yeah, and it's on the river... really pretty!!

To update this request:

I tried Priceline, unsuccessfully. Here are the bids:

Naples 2.5*................ $45

Bonita Springs *2.5 ....$50

Sanibel 2.5* ...............$55

Naples 2* ..................$48

I had already tried Easy Click and saw an "off the record" in Naples for $53. I decided to try that, and it was immediately confirmed (I thought you had to wait 48 hrs.?) Anyway, it turned out to be the Red Roof Inn in Naples. Location looks excellent. Poor reviews on Tripadvisor... but.. oh well... just going to be there one night and I don't expect to spend much time in the room. The cheapest offering I could find for this property was $80, and all hotel rates seemed very high for this weekend.

JB

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]