Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Millennium Biltmore

jwl3
By jwl3,
in

Just bought this hotel thinking it was going to be The Standard.  Kind of disappointed.  Hotwire tricked me by listing it as a "BOUTIQUE" hotel.  On the Betterbidding lists, the only 4 star Downtown BOUTIQUE hotel was The Standard.  There's nothing BOUTIQUE about the Biltmore.  Also, the ratings were similar (Hotwire listed 65% positive, Tripadvisor listed the Standard at 62% positive).  You can imagine my disappointment when I got this Biltmore, which Tripadvisor ranks at 57% positive. That's pretty crummy for a 4 star hotel.  Oh well.  I guess I can't complain at $137.

Sorry to hear you received a hotel that you weren't expecting.

When trying to identify HOTWIRE hotels, you need to use the complete set of amenities and ensure that every matches previous reports (still no guarantees as hotels do change their amenity sets from time-to-time). Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Currently the 4* hotel in this zone has the following amenities:

Boutique

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

... assuming this was the amenity set associated with the hotel you purchased, i believe The Standard doesn't have an Indoor Pool (only outdoor), so that would have been the first tip-off that this was likely some other property.

Also, for the future, don't try to compare the percent recommended by previous HOTWIRE guests to the percentage at TA, as the two are obtained from unrelated sources.

Feel free to ask the board for help before your next opaque purchase and we will try to help you obtain a more favorable outcome (or confirm what you believe you're likely being offered)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... sounds like, for the price, you'll be able to make it work for your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks a lot.  You run a great website!

The amenities listed were:

Boutique Hotel
Indoor pool(s)
Fitness Center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business Center
Self service laundry
Internet access
Spa Services

Accessibility

Accessible path of travel
In-room accessibility
Wheelchair accessible
Accessible bathroom

I guess the one tipoff like you said was the indoor pool and also the self-service laundry.  If I hadn't gotten overly excited and jumped the gun, I might have checked to see if the Standard has an indoor pool.  Either way, I'm not too dissatisfied with the Biltmore.  It's got a great lobby for photo taking!

• 3 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]