Priceline Hotel: Not used Priceline for a few years....

TheBugster
By TheBugster,
in

hi guys,

I haven't been to the States for a few years now - and hence not used Priceline.

When I have been I have extensively used Priceline and of course the boards here which have always been extremely helpful!!

I am just wondering if everything works the same way as it has done for years re. the ability to re-bid on star ratings in a particular zone if you add a zone which doesn't have as high a rating as you want from the original one (sure I haven't worded that great but I am guessing you know what I mean!!!) - also, do we still have the ability to close IE and re-open it which means we can add zones in a number of different permutations to maximise rebids (I think that used to be the case?)

Any feedback would be great!!

Cheers.

Thanks for coming back.

At the moment it is one night on the 18 December. It needs to be as close as possible to Miami airport (prob just that zone) and the highest * rating which is I think 4 on Priceline (Hilton or Sofitel) and we need 2 or maybe 3 rooms (more info below).

1 room is 2 adults and a baby - it seems both the hotels above include in all standard rates children so I don't think winning one room would cause an issue with a baby?

The other room is potentially a couple and their adult daughter - if there are 2 doubles in the room would the hotel allow 3 adults in a room?

Many thanks

... it seems both the hotels above include in all standard rates children so I don't think winning one room would cause an issue with a baby?

A baby is usually not an issue (at least not in most locations in the United States, i could see it being an issue with some hotels in Europe), but keep in mind that you're making an assumption that you will receive one of the two hotels you have referenced above.

The other room is potentially a couple and their adult daughter - if there are 2 doubles in the room would the hotel allow 3 adults in a room?

Some hotels may take issue with this, although i'd put that number at less than 50%, but keep in mind you're making an assumption that you'll receive a room with two beds... when bidding on PRICELINE all that is guaranteed is a room that will accommodate double occupancy, and the hotel may not be able (or willing) to accommodate your request for a room with two beds.

If you're not willing to accept the bedding aspect above, HOTWIRE would be a safer option as they allow you to search up to quad occupancy per room and guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although the second 'bed' could be a rollaway brought into the room, a pullout sofabed, etc). Another option would be PRICELINE EXPRESS if you're able to find a hotel within your budget that shows the 'Bed Choice' option and one of the options listed is a room that has two beds.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know once your plans (the number of guests and rooms you need) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]