Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Downtown Minneapolis) Doubletree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis

veinteuno
By veinteuno,
in

Starting to bid for a room downtown Minneapolis. Lowball entry for $51 for 4 star hotel tonight. Rejected. Planning on going $5 increments to $75, and then opening up to 3.5 star hotel if that doesn't work. I know that the Twin Cities Marathon is going on October 6, which will probably drive up rates. We'll see how it goes. Any feedback is welcomed. I live in the area, and I'm willing to consider suburbs depending on how well the Downtown bids go. A week from now, if bids are unsuccessful, I will start making concessions and opening up my bid zones more.

I think that $75 is on the lower end for a 4* with the current rates. You might have to add approx $10(+).

And I would like to add that rates are a bit high for lower rated hotels, probably because the marathon you mention. So I would get busy with this if you want to stay DT.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

PS. Can you please follow-up your previous Dallas Priceline rental car thread, thanx!

You would have a chance at $75 for a 3.5* as the Doubletree Suites Minneapolis can be booked HERE (confirm your dates on the booking page) for just $93/nite.

However, PRICELINE EXPRESS's offer is currently at $111/nite, so this property may not have any 'opaque' inventory for your dates. (NOTE: the link above also shows a refundable rate of $109/nite available, so you could book that and use it as a back-up while you continue to try PRICELINE in the weeks ahead)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for keeping us updated. With the Marathon going on, I'd try to be persistent and lock something in, as if there's an event, it's unlikely hotels are going to aggressively offer discounted inventory if they know they'll be people coming in for the marathon.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the feedback. With that in mind, I abandoned bidding on 4 star hotels in $5 increments. Using your [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link, I submitted 3.5 star for $71. Rejected but was given the opportunity to immediately resubmit for $94 a night, which I did not do. Unless you think it is pointless, I will try again tomorrow at $76, and go in $5 increments over the next couple of days and see if I can get something in the $80 range.

Are you familiar with re-bidding? When bidding 3.5* in the Minneapolis area you have SEVEN re-bid zones which you can use to gradually increase your bid price all within the same 24 hour period. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Once you are comfortable with (or have confirmed with the board) your re-bid zones, you can try as follows:

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I may be having a lightbulb moment here. I was not aware of the rebidding process. I checked out the thread you linked. To clarify: I could add, say, St Paul Northeast, because it only has 3 star hotels or lower. So, I have technically added another zone, but really, it hasn't done anything because there isn't anything in that zone that matches my criteria?

I think I may be having a lightbulb moment here. I was not aware of the rebidding process. I checked out the thread you linked. To clarify: I could add, say, St Paul Northeast, because it only has 3 star hotels or lower. So, I have technically added another zone, but really, it hasn't done anything because there isn't anything in that zone that matches my criteria?

Yes, St Paul NE is one of your free re-bid zones at the 3.5* (and higher) level.  Your logic is correct.

To be totally safe, you might want to post what you think are the other 6 zones, and somebody here will double-check them for you.

Romelle

PS - you still always need to recheck the free zones just before bidding, as they can change.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]