Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Downtown - Charlestown) Hyatt Regency

laplaya
By laplaya,
in

Can't change the header, but this really is Boston and not Miami.

Previous bidders had won this hotel for $50 in November and December, so started my bidding at $50 for 4*.

I was originally trying for Dec. 17-20, but couldn't get anything accepted as high as $75, so decided to split my stay. Bid $50 for Dec 18-20, and got it on my first bid at $50.

Then tried to get Dec. 17 for $50. Used all my free re-bids to $70 for that night and all were rejected. Tried again 72 hours later and still not able to get the room for 1 night. Perhaps should've split the dates equally, Dec. 17-18, and Dec. 19-20??

Will try again later in the week. Any suggestions for getting the 1 night at a similar rate, or should I go ahead and raise the bid much higher?

I did notice that the taxes and fees are proportionately much higher for a 1-night stay than for a longer stay.

It's odd that you were rejected up to $70 for 12/17, the Hyatt Regency is only $159 directly. Something must not be working properly, even Hotwire is showing it for about $145.

In your new thread: Are you planning on waiting it out or are you going to try some other location (i.e. Copley or Logan Airport)?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]