Priceline Hotel: 3* Providence (Downtown) Radisson

laplaya
By laplaya,
in

Forgot to put date in heading: Dec. 20

Intended to be bidding on Courtyard Marriott, 2.5*, which is downtown and near bus station, perfect location for heading to airport in the morning. It is the only 2.5* that I know of in downtown Providence. Since there are no free re-bids on a 2.5*, I bid what to me is a rather high $50 for the $199 room.

Never occurred to me that they would give me a bonus and bump me up to a 3-star, which turned out to be Radisson, on the other side of the river from downtown and totally inconvenient, far less a value than the Courtyard. Big mistake.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the 'ugrade'. As you now know, the star level you choose is the minimum star rating that you are willing to accept... this is why zones that don't have the star level you're bidding, but do have higher star rated hotels, are not re-bid zones (not your situation, but a common mistake for newbies)

Try to make the best of this one nite stay... thanks for sharing your win.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry to hear about your upgrade. According to the review and the hotel's website, they offer a shuttle service which should be able to take you to the airport (if needed). I'd recommend calling to verify that they still provide this service, as the hotel is really on the far limits of the city.

As far as the location is concerned, I-195 is undergoing construction currently which isn't helping with rush hour traffic. I have not stayed here, but I'd recommend requesting a harbor view room as the hotel is located directly next to the highway construction site. Google Photo

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]