Cannot Paste Texts to the Report Box

WzDancer
By WzDancer,
in

I have not been able, for several months, to paste any text to the Winning Report box.  But I still can paste the hotel name to the title box.  Pasting is the best way to accurately post the complete hotel name and address in the report.

The paste option would appear when I right click on the report box, but no thing shows up when I paste.  I have also getting nowhere when I tried three paste icons on the top.

Any suggestions?

WzDancer

First report i'm hearing of any issues, can you please send me a PM with:

Operating system (Windows XP, 7, 8, Apple, mobile device, etc)

Browser and version

As well, please clarify if you're referring to not being able to paste to the 'body' of the message (for instance, where i am typing this now)

When you click the 'PASTE' icons at the top of the text editor a pop-up should appear where you pate the text... do you see the pop-up window? (maybe it's being blocked by your browser settings?)

What if you copy text and then CTRL+V to paste into the text box?

I haven't tried, but i don't think you would be able to paste icon images into the message body.

Thanks for letting us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for paying attention to my inquiry.

I usually work on a Windows 8.1 PC with IE 11, but I am replying from a Windows 7 PC with IE 11.

I still cannot paste anything here, either through right clicking the mouse button, or using one of three PASTE icons.

When I clicked one of three PASTE icons, a pop-up query would appear with a message "Do you allow this web page to access your clipboard?"

After I ALLOW it, another pup-up window would ask me to use Ctrl+V to paste text, the text would appear in the pop-up window, but the text goes nowhere after I OK it.

I welcome further diagnostic questions.

...can you please send me a PM with:

These issues are usually best handled thru the PM system so please use that in the future.

I have replicated (most) of the issue and i'll put this on the repair list. In the meantime there is an easy workaround:

1) turn off the full text editor (the icon that looks like a light switch on the top left corner of the editor (same row that the paste icons are located on)

2) paste whatever text you would like

3) turn the full editor back on (or leave it off if you don't need the features it provides)

If you would like to discuss further or still have an issue with the workaround please send me a PM.

Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare:

Thanks for suggesting turning off the "light switch." I don't go to Motel 6, you don't have to leave the light on for me.

I have successfully amended my winning report of Residence Inn in Alexandria, VA. I have copied and pasted the total cost information from Priceline.

WzDancer.

• 3 weeks later...

We now have a permanent solution although you may need to make one change to your browser settings:

1) in Internt Explorer to go TOOLS >> Compatibility View Settings

2) 'betterbidding.com' should already be in the form box (type it in if it is not) and click ADD

3) click the CLOSE button

Copy and Paste should now work all Internet Explorer browsers.

Please let us know if anyone has any further issues, and thanks again for reporting this bug.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]