Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Solomons Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina

DaLuc
By DaLuc,
in

Hi there, I'm looking for a hotel room for my mother for Sept 18-23. I need the hotel IN Solomons MD, so there are two that Priceline lists, Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn. On the Express Deals it's easy enough to tell that Holiday Inn is at $96 and Comfort Inn is at $59. When I bid on Solomons, 2 1/2 stars, at $80, I get a rebid offer of increasing $26 for a total of $106. Why would the bid be more than the Express Deal? Should I just take the Express Deal? Is there any chance that I"m going to be able to bid and get it lower than the $96 Express Deal?

Thank You!! :)

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Key West thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you would like us to try to confirm a PRICELINE EXPRESS deals listing, please provide the full details of the listing: star rating, price, amenities and zone.

The counter-offers that are occasionally presented when bidding are not the required price for the next bid - the required price is actually somewhere between the counter-offer and the last failed bid - it may be very close to the last failed bid.

Please let us know if you have any questions and keep us updated with what you decide.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

2 1/2 stars Amenities listed: Pool, Free internet, Free Parking, Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant   - I'm guessing Holiday Inn

2 stars Amenities listed: Pool, Free internet, Free Parking, Free breakfast, Restaurant, Pets Allowed   - I'm guessing Comfort Inn

On the name your own price bid I have re-bid using the add a star option, so starting at $80 for Solomons 2 1/2 star they offered a free re-bid at $106. I declined and added a 2 star and raised my bid to $91 and still no bites... Since $91 is just a few dollars less than $96 for a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal, I was thinking it'd be the most sensible to get a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal. But then how is it to PRICELINE's advantage to also have a name your own price bidding? 

In Solomons we only have 3 hotels. A Comfort Inn, a Holiday Inn w/conference center, and a mile up the road a Hilton Garden Inn. I'd prefer the Holiday Inn since it's walking distance and considerably nicer than the comfort Inn. I don't see the Hilton Garden Inn on Priceline even in the regular buying section.

The 'bidding' side of PRICELINE and the PRICELINE EXPRESS side don't necessarily use the same universe of hotels, so it's possible that the current 2.5* hotel is offered thru PRICELINE EXPRESS but not thru the 'name your own' price side. As well, there is still a 5% difference between your last bid ($91) and the amount of your counter-offer ($96), so it's also possible that you simply haven't bid high enough yet.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Holiday Inn would be my best guess for the 2.5* property as well... i'm not currently seeing the 2* hotel when searching for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

Bid $80 for 9/18 to 9/19 on a 2.5 with Pool, Parking, Fitness Center, Free Internet, Restaurant and Business center. I was pretty sure it was the Holiday Inn Conference Center but wanted to make sure. I bid $80, rebid offered for $106, I accepted that to satisfy my curiosity. They have a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal listed at just $96, so I was wondering if it was the Hilton Garden Inn up the road. Still need to book for 9/19-9/23 but at least now I know for sure that the 2.5* is the Holiday Inn. 

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

NOTE that on the bidding side of PRICELINE the amenities shown are amenities that are offered at every hotel in the zone and not unique to a specific property that you are bidding on (in fact, at this point in the bidding process PRICELINE has not yet even checked inventory for your dates). While this may be the only 2.5* hotel in this zone, there could be other 2.5* properties that offer these amenities as well.

For help with, or to report a win for, the remaining nites of your stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks, enjoy this leg of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]