Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Atlanta (Downtown) Westin Peachtree Plaza

KenD
By KenD,
in

I went through old posts and couldn't find a hotwire post for a 4.5* hotel in downtown Atlanta.  Any ideas?

From Bidding.Helper, Hotwire Easy View:

Saturday, October 11 to Sunday, October 12

$135

Amenities:  

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Spa Services

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board and i don't have any insight as to which one it may be... with only 13 reviews by previous HOTWIRE guests i suspect it's a new hotel recently added to their system OR a previously reported property has has been upgraded/downgraded.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Using your Bidding.Helper tool, I'm getting a rate of $95 this morning for Oct 11-12.Currently, there are no 4.5* hotels on the pinned list.  It was previously suggested that this might be the Westin Peachtree Plaza (which would be good for me) or the Sheraton (not so much).  Sheraton web site indicates no rooms available for this weekend.  Westin website has a best rate of $229.  Amenities include:

4.5*, 90% recommended

FULL AMENITIES:

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you purchase a hotel use the "ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN" button on the lower right corner of the board to edit the topic title and provide the details of your win.

The Westin Peachtree Plaza, upgraded to the 4.5* level, would be my best guess for this one... an upgrade of the Sheraton is still possible, but i think the Westin is the more likely outcome in this scenario.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am TRYING to follow your guidelines.  My first post August 22 (and for which I didn't get an ID) was for a hotel that had different amenities than than the Sept 22 post started by Rob B (the indoor pool being the most identifying).  I started posting on that thread since the hotels we were tracking had the same amenities.  I was asked on October 3rd by AaronJB to start a NEW thread, which I did.

I was asked on October 3rd by AaronJB to start a NEW thread, which I did.

He likely wasn't aware that you already had an open thread for these dates.

We have found the board stays best organized if each user uses their own thread for their trip, and all posts for the same stay go in that thread (so that we can more easily see what has already been considered)

Hope that explains our thoughts.

Let us know what you decide regarding the above or how we can be of further help.

{phew}!  Can confirm that this is the Westin Peachtree.  This came up with the amenities I indicated in my previous post.  I would point out that I believe this hotel has come up with "Indoor Pool" in addition to "Pool(s) on a few occasions.  

90% Recommended

Amenities: 

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Spa Services

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

I did use the PRICE.LINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin my travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set and star rating for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]