Why is this forum necessary?

Guest Thomas
By Guest Thomas,
in

Why is this forum necessary when hundreds of people already go to TOBB? There is not nearly the wealth of information here that there is on that site. Why try to reinvent the wheel when there is another excellent site providing this information?

That other site doesn't support Hotwire, and on many message boards i had seen a request for Hotwire information. Since i was setting up this board for Hotwire, i decided to offer Priceline as well.

Many people are also turned off by the other message board, the attitude of posters, the anti-Hotwire bias, the difficulty in use, a search engine that is unreliable, etc, etc.

Our purpose is NOT to re-invent the wheel, but rather provide a friendly and amicable alternative... i have no problem with people posting on BOTH boards. We hope to grow by providing a community where questions are encouraged and respected. This is only our 2nd day of being "live" and hopefully we will grow... by providing a forum where people feel comfortable posting, searching, discussing, with NO pop-up ads.

Like i said in the "why we are here" section of "Our Rules and Policies", this was originally designed to fill the need for a Hotwire board, and it didn't take too much additional effort to add the Priceline component.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also, once enough users register and start posting, the information can potentially be just as useful as information found anywhere else. After all, how often do you go back even a month to look at old information? That's to say, if you want to know what people are getting in your chosen area, all you need is a few weeks' worth of bids to refer to.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]