Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Soho - Tribeca) Hilton Garden Inn Tribeca

danyem1
By danyem1,
in

Hello,

I am traveling with my dad to visit my sister Saturday 9/20 - Tuesday 9/23.  She lives in the Lower East Side and we would love to stay close to her if possible (15-20 minutes away).  Ideal budget is about $210/night but would be willing to go higher if worth it. Hoping for a 4* but would settle for a 3.5* if close and decent size so both of us aren't crammed in the room.

I've only been out to NYC 1 time so not too familiar with the neighborhoods and looking for any advice possible when it comes to locations and bidding strategy.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

She lives in the Lower East Side and we would love to stay close to her if possible (15-20 minutes away).

Please confirm if you mean 15-20 minutes walking, taxi, or subway? (and if subway, do you know the closest subway line to where she lives? if not, let us know the cross streets, if known)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The closest option i see that meets your distance criteria is that i believe to be the 3* Holiday Inn Soho for $218/nite... this property is near the J,M,Z lines (at Canal St) which would get you within a few block walk of your sister (or Google puts it at a 24 minute walk)

Alternately, on HOTWIRE i'm seeing what looks like the Doubletree Financial for $243/nite which would be too far to walk from, but is also near the J,M,Z lines which will get you close.

Your other option is to try bidding on PRICELINE (you can likely do a little better than the rates above) and try to end up somewhere near the 4,5,6 or the F subway lines which would get you somewhat close... if this would be acceptable you could likely bid the MTE, ESB, TS, and CPS zones (although note that the CPS zone has the Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards) so you'll have to decide if this would be an acceptable option.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think will try bidding and post the result.

Please note that PRICELINE NYOP only guarantees double occupancy, i.e. one bed (often double size in NYC). They do not guarantee two beds, you'll need to use HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS with bed choice for that.

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions. As noted, PRICELINE bidding in NYC is likely to result in one bed. If you need more than 1 bed, searching on HOTWIRE for the amount of people in the party or looking for a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal with bed choice is a better option.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your win with the board... sorry if you're disappointed with the outcome.

There are some Hilton Garden Inn properties in other locations that are rated 3*, but the Hilton Garden Inn Tribeca is listed in the Priceline Hotel List as a 3.5* so should have been a 'known' possibility.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this offer.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]