Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) New York Hilton Midtown

qiy114
By qiy114,
in

Hello,

PL bidding with website links

Please help me with bidding strategies. Thank you:)

Time: Oct. 1 - Oct. 6, 5 nights

People: 2

Level: 3 Star and plus

Location: Times Square, CPS, MTE, MTW, MSG, ESB, Chelsea (I am a pure tourist, so close to everywhere is important. Never been to NYC. Are these places reasonable?)

Price: $150-160 as target price (I tried a few times below that, but all failed)

Questions about bidding strategy:

Any recommendations to locations?

Wait till the last days?

Is the bidding price enough?

Should I split my schedule into 2 parts? (I can figure out B&B at a much lower price for the first 3 days. Then, bid for the last 2 days, which are weekends and probably mean lower prices.)

First time with PL. After payment of taxes and fees at bidding, do I need to pay extra taxes or other charges when I check in at the hotel?

A private bathroom is required. Compact room size and 10 mins walk distance to subway are OK for me.

Thank you,

Richard

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few comments on your zones (Times Square, CPS, MTE, MTW, MSG, ESB, Chelsea):

MTE - some hotels can be up to a 10-15 minute walk to the subway

CPS - had the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms

--> would either/both of the above be acceptable?

For your complete stay current rates suggest that it will take more than your $160 limit for one of the zones above... probably more in the $165-$185; if you're looking to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, for the last 3 nites of your stay you're likely looking in the $160-$175 range.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much! Your suggestions are very helpful to me. I would afford the shortages of some hotels at MTE and CPS area.

I checked the express price for Sunday, which is pretty low. My strategy would be to bid Oct. 4-6 (2 nights) or even only for Sunday (Oct. 5.-6, 1 night) for $160-170 for a 4*. So my wife can enjoy the best city view of NYC. For the rest a few days, maybe another biding or B&B at a much lower price, only for a sleep at night.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very good deal for this NYC property! Hope the hotel will work well for your travel plans. Please start a new thread for your first nights and we would be happy to help try and see if there's an alternative to the B & B.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Please share what you have got for for the nights from Oct 1-4. I will also be in New York from Oct 1-6, and the hotel prices in New York at that time are very expensive (especially the weekday nights), so your post of $170 for Hilton New York Midtown during the weekend is very useful to me. I am going to bid the same price for that zone for the weekend, but the most difficult part is finding weekday rates. Keep us updated!

And I never knew the benefits of SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID until the read the link in this post.

pacificboot,

Please start a new thread and we would be more than happy to help with your stay. Splitting the stay isn't always a benefit, but when there is a noticeable difference in prices between two halves of a stay it is worth considering.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]